Lt. Commander
Anyone else having trouble with the Game Launcher ?

when I hit the STO exe nothing happens so when I use the GameClient.exe to bypass the Launcher and try to log in, it just tells me it cannot connect after a while.....

Also when I hit the STO exe it acts as if the launcher is minimized but nothing is there.. I click on it to try and maximize the launcher but nothing happens... I hit Alt/Tab but still nothing there...

Everything has been working fine only untill this morning when I tried to run the the game... nothing has changed since yesterday when I was playing online... I also notice there is no internet traffic at all when i try to run the STO exe or the game client exe... did the game change address overnight or something ?

Thanks for any help
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Awesome !Thank you for the Fast reply Coderanger !

I did Try this and worked like a charm aswell as this from another post ive been looking for help in... I will use that tool for now of if it gets stuck again...

Quote:
f the launcher windows is stuck in the task bar. try this
•Launch your Champions/star trek Online Launcher. It will do the whole sit there on taskbar and tray with nothing showing.
•Open up task manager (right click on task bar, select Task manager, or press ctrl+alt+del and select Task manager).
•In task manager, minimize and then maximize said champions/star trek online launcher program through task manager (right click on the champs/star online application in the taskbar list.)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2010, 11:15 PM
The problem is just an automation of that. One of these days I need to figure out what causes that, and more importantly how to detect it. I think somehow it is putting the window off-screen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 04:31 AM
could be... wish i could tell you how it happened exactly all I know is I tried to start the game Launcher in the Morning and it automatically became a minimized bar... and I was confused and figured it was a memory bug or the STO Site was down or something so didnt try again till the arfternoon and decided to look here for help... this is the first time it has ever happened to me

my desktop screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 dont know if that helps at all ? perhaps something conflicted with another program and pushed STO off the screen some how

I have a few programs that do take a little time to load up when i start my machine, the 2 major ones are my Super Anti Spyware and my MSN... these 2 do take time to load and has caused some other programs to fail or cause weird conflicts if I try and run them before SAS and MSN have finished loading... but im pretty sure it was a little while before I started STO cause I like to read the forums or play World of ******** with my friends in the morning too... so maybe that too had taken up memory and conflicted with STO starting after I closed WoW ?

Maybe a Script or something could be written into the Launcher so when you hit the STO exe it automatically pops the Launcher up and forces it onto a predetermined coordinates on the Desktop ? anyway just an idea

Hope some of that helps to track down the bug... Again Thanks for the help and the nice little Tool incase it happens again ^^ also will take notes of what I was doing if it does...