Lt. Commander
# 1 Caitians - my point of view
03-13-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm all for adding them, first off, but i think they should be rare. I don't want to walk into DS9 and see ten of them. that being said, they should do the same thing they did with the fed Klingons, and make them a C-store item.

Personally I really do think they would sort of ruin the star trek vibe a little, and my other fear is that obviously they may be conducive to an... unsavory type of RP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Oh they'll be C-store. I have little doubt about that. But that's really not going to stop you from seeing alot of them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2010, 11:22 PM
then we shouldn't add them at all. If i want to see a bunch of aliens that look like cats i'll go play star wars or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewind View Post
then we shouldn't add them at all. If i want to see a bunch of aliens that look like cats i'll go play star wars or something.
You're absolutely right. They should completely design the game to your preferences.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
No, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way, maybe half the players should look like cats. that's totally trek, man!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
seriously another furry thread?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainThraxx
seriously another furry thread?
you know what i am sick of those like you so full of hate
many fans of the race are NOT furryes or what ever
they just want something non human looking

how about this line
lets remove that pointy ear race and there super sex drive
its the same crap as you hate
Lt. Commander
# 8 Sigh...
03-13-2010, 11:44 PM
To the Op: Wow, I hate to say this, but you approached this subject with absolutely no intelligence and 100% blind prejudice, against the choices of other players in a manner befitting that of a poorly taught 3rd grader.

You, in this thread failed to account for the fact that the race in question is canon to Star Trek, while rare, are apart of the series. Secondly they are in demand by a lot of players, who are also paying Cryptic subscriptions.

You could of course be mature about this and go about the game without caring, and realize that any addition pertinent to Star Trek (especially as far as races go) only adds to the diversity and brings out the color of this universe.

Or you can scream cliche after cliche trying to find some moral high ground when you are just clamoring at the bottom of the barrel.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qultar View Post

how about this line
sure i hate pointy ears too. furry tears taste great
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qultar View Post

how about this line
A Caitain is a furry.. Furry is a synonym for anthromorph.. Sonic the Hedgehog is a furry, Scrooge McDuck is a furry, Brian Griffin is a furry.. etc..

It's the prejudice behind the term furry that's the problem, not the term itself. Shouldn't call someone hateful for using the word furry, it's only hateful if they're thinking of furry as a negative thing. It's not a sexual term. You shouldn't lump everything furry as being something sexual.