Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
On one of the B'Tran Cluster ground missions (one of the 'clear the facility' ones), after blasting the first group of 8472, I got the objective 'Defeat enemy squads (x/3)' as normal.

I defeated the next group, but group 2 (or 3 if you count the first one) didn't spawn. I went all the way to the end of the facility and back to the beginning, still nothing.

I did bug this in-game (#766951), but thought I'd post it here to see if anyone else has experienced similar issues,
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2010, 03:25 PM
It not just those, it seems alot of the space missions that say "Defeat Enemy Squadron" or "Enemy Confrontation" are not spawning correcly either. There is no telling how many times I have entered the B'Tran Cluster and had to leave because no enemies would spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Yep, confirmed. MANY of the cluster missions are not spawning enemies when you have to kill enemies in space. Ground seems okay, space is not.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I had it both in Space and Ground.

One was a Space Enemy Confrontation and the other one was defending a Science Outpost on a planet from the Borg.

In the Space one i just came in and i got nothing, no enemys, no message from my Officer.

In the Ground one i had a message from my Officer but no enemys.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2010, 06:37 AM
As this only appears to happen regularly in the B'Tran Cluster, it would be logical to assume that the problem isn't with the missions themselves (which are basically identical to any other 'Explore' missions), but the spawn code/algorithm for the Borg and Species 8472/Undine.

I wonder why those two in particular bork more often? Larger amounts of character data to process?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
As this only appears to happen regularly in the B'Tran Cluster, it would be logical to assume that the problem isn't with the missions themselves (which are basically identical to any other 'Explore' missions), but the spawn code/algorithm for the Borg and Species 8472/Undine.

I wonder why those two in particular bork more often? Larger amounts of character data to process?
Happens in all clusters been happening to me since the first one.

Sometimes theres no enemys at all sometimes there invisible and can still shoot you but you cant target them back and sometimes you crew just disapears i logged a bug about it as when my crew disapeared i logged out then in and the crew was there only we were above the planet on a floor bit like sector space floor and had free run of the place you could see the planet down below you lol.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post

It seems the borg tried to assimilate more than they could handle