Lt. Commander
# 1 Buddy key and game download
03-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Hi all, my first post here and my very first MMO ever, so be gentle..

I hope this is in the right place

Anywho i bought the game and i am just waiting for it to be delivered in the next week (just a code for the game), in the mean time i got a buddy key and i am at present downloading the game, very very slowllly LOL.......now can i ask will i have to download the whole game again when i get my full game key and will i have to create a new account ot use the full game or can i jsut this one which i created with the buddy key...any info would be great on this.

Anyway thanks for your time......looking forward to this big time being a massive trek fan.

See you out there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 01:48 PM
You don't have to reinstall the game after you get your full game key and you can just continue playing on the same account you create with the buddy key. That's what I did. Played a 5-day trial first, then bought DDE and upgraded my existing account.

After you get the full game key, just log into this site with your buddy account, then go to this page and enter the key in the box: http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

PS: I almost forgot to mention, when activating your full game key you need to submit a payment method to complete the activation process. If you have a creditcard or a paypal account you can use those and you won't be charged until the end of your free 30 days is up.

If however you don't have a creditcard and you cannot use paypal either, then you'll have to find a 60 day gametime card to activate your account with.

Since this is your first MMO I thought I'd just give you the heads up on that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Thank you for that info, thats great that i dont need to downlaod it again(Its soooo slooowwwww) and good stuff about using the same account.. and a big thanks for the payment info.

Well all thats left to do is wait for theslllooooowwwww DL to finish and i will be "Going were so many have gone before"....

See you out there.