Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
I just finished reading The Sociopath Next Door. Interesting psychological book, one of the better I've read this year. If you get a chance, and if you're interested in the topic, pick it up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
I just finished reading The Sociopath Next Door. Interesting psychological book, one of the better I've read this year. If you get a chance, and if you're interested in the topic, pick it up.
Hm, psychology, ed? Read Sybil. It's incredible. It's about a woman with something like 13 personalities. True story, too.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericajoanne View Post
Hm, psychology, ed? Read Sybil. It's incredible. It's about a woman with something like 13 personalities. True story, too.
I've heard of that book, but I haven't been able to track down a copy yet.

It sounds interesting,, though- probably one of the worst cases of DID ever recorded. Next time I'm out of town, I'll see if I can find a copy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Finished this now reading this and already ordered this for mah Kindle.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Just got : The History of the Medieval World (from the Conversion of Constantine to the First Crusade) by Susan Wise Bauer. It is the sequel to her The History of the Ancient World which was one of the best books I've ever read.A very witty and entertaining look at history.Very well written. I'm hoping the second is just as good.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-15-2010, 12:27 AM
I found a copy of Jane's Fighting Ships of World War I today in a used bookstore in town for $10. It looks so interesting! I am such a nerd for thinking this is interesting!
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Orphans of Chaos and its 2 squeals by John C. Wright is the best trilogy I have read in a long time. The author has a way with words that paints a complete picture of every environment the characters interact in, His character are very believable and loathsome/lovable respectively. I hadn't read a book before this one where when the action in the story picked up speed so would the speed of my reading. I like to think Einstein would have loved this work as he once said he wanted to know the thoughts of the gods in mathematic terms and you get just that in this novel, but at the same time he simplifies it in terms anyone can understand. Especially when he develops concepts like the 4th dimension.

I hope that the Percy Jackson movie that's coming out will spark interest in perhaps getting Orphans of Chaos a movie deal. If you can get a hold of a copy of this book i highly recommend it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-15-2010, 02:15 AM
I just read the last Tour of the Merrimack book from R. M. Meluch. Loved it. I am currently re-reading Webmage from Kelly McCullough. Re-reading it since I want to have the whole 4 books in mind when I read the 5th!
And I am also a great fan of Alastair Reynolds' work. I read all his books with immense pleasure.
Also read my books.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Currently reading the Blood Angels Omnibus
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-15-2010, 07:14 AM
This is a pretty good read. Also, the first two books in the series can be read for free at webscription.net.