Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2010, 04:48 PM
I like to keep a clean inventory so I don't keep commodities on me at all times. I would do these if I didn't have to zone out. Currently however, I have to zone out of the system, zone out of the cluster, pick up commodities, zone back into the cluster, then zone back into the system. That's a lot of loading for one little thing and though I don't complain much about instances and load screens, that's just a little too much for anyone. Unless you have someone out in sector space to pick them up and do a bridge trade it's just not worth doing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .kash
I like to keep a clean inventory so I don't keep commodities on me at all times. I would do these if I didn't have to zone out. Currently however, I have to zone out of the system, zone out of the cluster, pick up commodities, zone back into the cluster, then zone back into the system. That's a lot of loading for one little thing and though I don't complain much about instances and load screens, that's just a little too much for anyone. Unless you have someone out in sector space to pick them up and do a bridge trade it's just not worth doing.

They can be in your bank.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Guilty as charged, after helping the temple on DS9, it's not like I can afford to hump around in the galaxy, and pay for the aid of countless planets, out of my own darn pockets at that. :p

---
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2010, 05:52 PM
I tend to skip them if I don't have the inventory. I also, however, stock up on some commodities if i'm heading out to do explore missions.

I do find it quite odd however that these aid missions fall in line with the request for more non combat activities. People ask for more non combat explore type missions, yet are loathe to go out of their way to do the aid missions...

Now, I admit the aid missions are a bit simplistic but I think my point still stands. They aren't the most innovative non combat activity to come along, but it's there. Do you guys want more non combat explore stuff (that might require some out of the way activities) or not? Or do you want non combat "trek-like" stuff to involve only what you can do right then and there?

If I were a developer, my head would explode with the contradictions that constantly come up from players.

Edit: I can't wait for the new non combat stuff to be launched and watch the influx of threads like "this is boring you want me to waste my time helping who?" or "Craptic, what's so exciting about helping a bunch of colonists???!!? you failzorz!"
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
I never do them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-14-2010, 06:01 PM
I did one once...then blew their planet up after I seen the crappy reward for helping them out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-14-2010, 06:04 PM
I do them. Little time consuming and can cost some money, but hey...they're easy to do.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I did two of them but they cost WAY too much...there's absolutely no reason these things shouldn't be available in my replicator and, until they are, I've decided to boycott all "aid" missions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I do them as it is part of Star Trek. I find it funny that people are complaining that all you do is kill things in this game and that isn't Star Trek. However, when you get a mission to aid a struggling people that isn't cool so they leave them suffering! :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyWonkaCF
I do them as it is part of Star Trek. I find it funny that people are complaining that all you do is kill things in this game and that isn't Star Trek. However, when you get a mission to aid a struggling people that isn't cool so they leave them suffering! :p
Exactly. The aid missions could be better, but the player base is so all over the place with what they say they want it's a wonder that anything gets implemented at all.

Of course the response would be "we want non combat trek missions that are more interesting than aid the planet". But without a combat element involved there's only so much you can do.

It's pretty much a case of players not knowing what the heck they want.