Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Dear Cryptic moderators:

I'm very offended by some actions as of recent.
I will be calling into your management Monday morning to have this matter of my thread getting jhijacked and trolled due to a hate post by a certain poster. Even worse you closed the thread but left the user unpunished.

Under no circumstances will I and others in my position on this matter will tolerate hijacking of a thread to turn it into something it isn't in the name of hate. I cannot beleive this person was supported. Thats digusting. This is should be a diverse environment and users twisting things is not accetable in the name of ignorance and hate.
To report that thread as offensive is ridiculous.

A formal letter will be sent to Crypitc as other posters fee in that threadl you were not being to friendly to the community by supporting that poster and I will be speaking to management on the issue.The matter wiill be taken up with your manager this is a sensitive issue and your actions were inappropriate. I will not name the exact moderator but you know who you are and I want your managers name and subsequently the director and VP's name so were clear on this issue.

The post was a hate post by threatning to report it and a clear attempt to spread hate in an attempt to thread lock it and you supported it. Its not going to be tolerated and subsequently the matter will be taken up with the management on a much larger scale so you hear it loud and clear that the user was in the wrong not the posters.

i don't recall any post in that thread mentioning intercourse or sexual acts and the poster clearly is ignorant on what gay is and just a hater. If this requires a personal visit with appointment to the studio for cryptic to address these items then it will be done. There needs to be training done on this issue by the moderators on how to handle it as it offended a great deal of people by locking that thread and just letting "this user" go scott free. He posted the troll and hijack and subsequently deserves an equal ban.

People who hijack a thread in the name of hate I'm asking you remove the post so other dont see it raising further alarm and be reprimended. That is a very sensitive issue to alot of us and clearly this user "this user" is out of line. Every user in that thread is offended by "this user" attempt to hate on the users by causing a thread lock saying that sex shouldn't be discussed. The guy is an ignorant idiot. Thats not going to happen without me personally speaking to your management or if necessary making an appointment to discuss the matter and escalating this in the online gay communitiy *** fleet for further action.

Since its your forums I can only request. But, I will be taking the matter up with your management and if necessary for this sensitive item that upset the community over this one user. I receive emails from others upset about this user and that you supported them. That's not going to happen management will be contacted and this will be dealt with a big effort to make sure "this user" is equally punished Its not ok to hijack , troll and twist something in the name of hate. There was nothing sexual about the thread. Period end of story.

Signed,
LIVID CUSTOMER over how you handled that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Dude, not really cool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2010, 05:09 PM
You realize calling another player out on the forums is a violation of the TOS?

Was this a case of gay bashing?

Oh and

In before someone gets all freaked out. (Too late I know)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Dude, not really cool.
No it wasn't you can obviously tell that I'm very offended.
The bad part is people from the thread sent me emails also offended on how that got handled.
I have a right to be upset over it and equally have the right to pick up a phone and start talking to managers about it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestkirk View Post
No it wasn't you can obviously tell that I'm very offended.
The bad part is people from the thread sent me emails also offended on how that got handled.
I have a right to be upset over it and equally have the right to pick up a phone and start talking to managers about it.
Yes, but could you explain specifically what offended you. Was it that they locked the thread or deleted it?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
funny I wandered in here.... interesting.

Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
funny I wandered in here.... interesting.

Where you gay bashing?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
I have a post history...... decide for yourselves.

Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dragon View Post
You realize calling another player out on the forums is a violation of the TOS?

Was this a case of gay bashing?

Oh and

In before someone gets all freaked out. (Too late I know)
Thanks for pointing this out actually I didn't.....
I edited to remove it to make it compliant.

It's considered a passive form of gay bashing is what happened and is the worst kind because it
abuses the system.
Name calling and physical abuse is another.

Another form of gay bashing comes in the form of passive attacks as i mentioned above and is the most
destructive of the two beleive it or not.
An example of that is when a coworker is constantly reporting a gay coworker to the manager for being
inadequate in the job function in an attempt to get them fired when they clearly are not.
Or constantly reporting them to various entitiies , watching there time, or talking about the person at work without using a gay reference in attempt to get them fired.

The form that this came in was an ignorant poster came in said they were offended by the talk of sex, which there wasn't any. Other than, someone said Chris Pine is good looking. And he reported the post.
His post was unnecessary , ignorant and wrong and he should have gotten a warning.
Instead Cryptic moderator suppoorted it and banned a user and locked the thread when the proper way should have been to remove the ignorant posters passive remark and threat of being offended by even the word gay. That's a how a hater is given more power. They abuse the system to hate as the poster did by saying thaey are offended by the mere word of gay or sexual orientation as being a bad word or something.

It's just ignorance and hate.
And that was a good example of a passive hate post.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
SO how do you KNOW he didn't get a black mark on his account? Trolling and spamming <> instant ban, However penalties add up and eventually they DO count.

One more step up the "penalty volcano" so to speak...it's when you reach the top and take one more step that things get...shall we say...messy?
Closed Thread