Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-14-2010, 05:24 PM
And as you can see the poster is now trolling my posts again.

And he is formally being asked to leave or he will be reported.
As its a TOS violation to troll and hijaack my threads and is further proving me correct and it's offensive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-14-2010, 05:27 PM
THis is just like the guy that got offended by the removal of his religous symbol in his avatar. YOU bring certain aspects of your personal life to the forums than get mad when someone doesnt respond the way you like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodElf View Post
SO how do you KNOW he didn't get a black mark on his account? Trolling and spamming <> instant ban, However penalties add up and eventually they DO count.

One more step up the "penalty volcano" so to speak...it's when you reach the top and take one more step that things get...shall we say...messy?
Pretty similar to what he is doing now by hijacking and trolling another one of my threads?
I say he should jjust keep it up it only proves my point about the poster further.
There was absolutely no reason to come into this thread and post again.
He's offended enough....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain-Disaster
THis is just like the guy that got offended by the removal of his religous symbol in his avatar. YOU bring certain aspects of your personal life to the forums than get mad when someone doesnt respond the way you like.
Actually, i completely understand your point.
However, based on what happened I'm not sure if I'm completely getting it.

A better analogy would be if someone came in asking in the forums if there other girl players in the forum to make friends with.
and then a boy comes in and says the find the post offensive about the talk of sex.
That would be a better fit for the scenario of what happened.

It's not offensive and that's exactly what happened. It's ignorant period.
Except replace girl with gay.
So really what is the big deal? There's no religous reference, no symbols so whats the problem again?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
OP, I understand that you're livid and I supported the thread. To me it was no different from "Are there any other ________ Trekkies?" (fill in your own qualifier.)

But is this what you're calling hate speech?

"I also find this offensive.

a gaming forum is NOT the place for sexual discussions.


reported as well."

Personally, I continue to be baffled by what offends people. They can spend hours engaging in pretend killing and get really upset by big boobs. Or they can go livid because a Ferengi has a last name ending in "stein," or something as equally ridiculous.

He/She didn't state their reasons for finding it offensive, so I can't presume to know that there is hate behind those words.

Besides, dude, have you ever tried to get through to Cryptic on the telephone? You'll likely fail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-14-2010, 05:32 PM
I understand where you are comming from and agree, But the problem is this post should be sent as an email to Cryptic and not on the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
OP, I understand that you're livid and I supported the thread. To me it was no different from "Are there any other ________ Trekkies?" (fill in your own qualifier.)

But is this what you're calling hate speech?

"I also find this offensive.

a gaming forum is NOT the place for sexual discussions.


reported as well."

Personally, I continue to be baffled by what offends people. They can spend hours engaging in pretend killing and get really upset by big boobs. Or they can go livid because a Ferengi has a last name ending in "stein," or something as equally ridiculous.

He/She didn't state their reasons for finding it offensive, so I can't presume to know that there is hate behind those words.

Besides, dude, have you ever tried to get through to Cryptic on the telephone? You'll likely fail.
Thats ignorance.
On your part.
There's nothing sexual being stated.
If I replace gay with girl are you still going to get offended?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM
I understand what you're saying and I can even understand why you would be angry. However, one of the posters above does have a point. If you post something personal on the forums, you have to be ready for the kind of responses you get.


Personally I don't care if a person is gay, a furry, straight, weird or engages in kinky fetishes. The issue is that sexual orientation or the discussion of sex shouldn't be brought to a online game forum. I just don't think any of that is appropriate to the game. Not trying to offend here, just pointing that out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestkirk View Post
Actually, i completely understand your point.
However, based on what happened I'm not sure if I'm completely getting it.

A better analogy would be if someone came in asking in the forums if there other girl players in the forum to make friends with.
and then a boy comes in and says the find the post offensive about the talk of sex.
That would be a better fit for the scenario of what happened.

It's not offensive and that's exactly what happened. It's ignorant period.
Except replace girl with gay.
So really what is the big deal? There's no religous reference, no symbols so whats the problem again?
I think you are just looking for trouble to be honest. I do think your original post needed to be locked and I applaud Cryptic for locking it. It really had no place on the forums to begin with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestkirk View Post
There's no religous reference...so whats the problem again?


You think that being Gay has no religious or sexual implications?

REALLY?

You started a thread that broke the TOS, got reported, and then you broke the TOS MORE THAN ONCE in this thread.

Id quit now.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 AM.