Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestkirk View Post
Thats ignorance.
On your part.
There's nothing sexual being stated.
If I replace gay with girl are you still going to get offended?
Please answer that.

I don't know, but I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that question. The question being are there any girl trekkies? I am sure there is but it would be interesting to know.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-14-2010, 05:37 PM
It's difficult for me to disagree with the OP, even if his outrage is overblown and methods suck.

So personally, I agree with the sentiment, because Ten Forward is already host to such subject matter as 'where are the female players', and it's simply wrong not to accept the exact same subject matter merely because it's for gay people instead. On the other hand, the OP is completely over the top and I don't want to agree simply because I don't want to associate with him/her/it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Thats ignorance.
On your part.
A girl is a gender, gay is a sexual orientation, or do we really need to explain the difference
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandymanCD View Post
You think that being Gay has no religious implications?

REALLY?

You started a thread that broke the TOS, got reported, and then you broke the TOS MORE THAN ONCE in this thread.

Id quit now.

Actually inference and implications are two different things. Let's not bring religion into this. There enough religious nuts in the world, we don't need all that here.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain-Disaster
A girl is a gender, gay is a sexual orientation, or do we really need to explain the difference
Could you please describe a girl... in graphic detail....:p

I'm kidding, everyone relax.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Thats ignorance.
On your part.
Please answer that.
Sigh. Good luck with that phone call.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dragon View Post
Actually inference and implications are two different things. Let's not bring religion into this. There enough religious nuts in the world, we don't need all that here.
It really doesn't matter here. Its like wearing a swastika and saying it stands for 'peace'. Sure, it might, but that is NOT what people will relate it with.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain-Disaster
I think you are just looking for trouble to be honest. I do think your original post needed to be locked and I applaud Cryptic for locking it. It really had no place on the forums to begin with.
I was looking for friends.
and a public forum is the logical spot to ask. Sorry if it offended.
And your giving me a hard time why on finding friends?
I'm asking where would you propose a person ask that to make friends.
I'm still trying to figure out your point of how a person would do that when a company is giving them access to a forum where other people play. It does seem like a logical place to go to ask those type of questions right?
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandymanCD View Post
It really doesn't matter here. Its like wearing a swastika and saying it stands for 'peace'. Sure, it might, but that is NOT what people will relate it with.
Wow, I doubt someones orientation is like a swastika. Yet, in any case if this is about hate speech so be it. Lets just try to keep religion out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dragon View Post
I don't know, but I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that question. The question being are there any girl trekkies? I am sure there is but it would be interesting to know.
*raises a brow*
Closed Thread