Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 351
03-15-2010, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka
I assure you, I have read the whole thread, and many of your other postings, sir.

I must admit the concept of you suggesting another person is a troll is highly entertaining, given your posting history. Perhaps you are a fan of irony?
So you are calling me a troll. Oh well. Doesnt mean that much coming from you. You have obviously ignored the OPs other posts, and inconsistent comments, or you just want to take a poke at me, either way, you win the interwebs man. Grats.
Lt. Commander
# 352
03-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcoff View Post
Common law doesn't exist as you state, that would be the concept of Rule of Law. Common law is the application of case law and precedent when making a ruling in a similar situation by a Court or other Judiciary.

Of course you can argue any philosophy that champions the weak and seeks to abolish a status quo as unconstitutional. That may even be the case, in the United States. It simply is not the case elsewhere.

Absolute equality is the same for everyone, regardless of circumstance, disadvantage or means. That would, without argument, lend all the cards so to speak to the people with means and power, hence the majority.

Everyone receives the same treatment under the law? Are you absolutely sure? I think adolescents are treated very differently than adults. I believe those with diminished capacity are afforded certain protections that I certainly am not.

And yes, you would be entitled to certain protections and rights if your circumstances were as mentioned. Natives are given special rights, so are women. Please don't say I am ill informed if you present an argument so easily refuted with simple fact.
I see no facts just statements. I can sit here and say the sky is green and an F5 tornado is as powerful as a vaccuum cleaner and say its fact.

There are very few if any cases which have successfully used the insanity defense (actually i believe the successful cases can be counted on one hand) which is a protection against the people being unable to understand whats happening. BUT in a situation between adults (and in the case of a felony kids above 16) if the person is reasonably assumed to be able to comprehend what the charges are against them and the consequences of said actions the law is applied the same.

See thats the difference, the word of the law and its application. Just because someone does the same thing doesn't mean theres an equal consequence as not all situations that are similar are the same. But if I kill someone and you kill someone on purpose premedditated and all that (for example) We're both charged with that 1st degree murder. now whether or not we get off or not is up to a judge or jury, the law has been equally applied to us both.

But if you believe in an activist government go right ahead and tell me how the poor minorities that rage and moan are so oppressed. Theres a place for government, or in this case, moderator, interferance and the hurt feelings of a person is not one of them.

I would also argue that the constitution mandated the abolishment of the status quo but politicians took the easy way out and made the missouri compromise.
Lt. Commander
# 353
03-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcoff View Post
I just don't understand why people are even on this topic. But as you are trying to illustrate the merit of each opinion and suggestion you won't earn many friends. Save one.
I don't know about the others but i'm here because i kinda like philisophical conflict and the clash of ideas and to a lesser extent ideology.
Lt. Commander
# 354
03-15-2010, 01:53 AM
I think you should just let this die before a mod sees it and bans everyone who was involved in this thread.....it can be a very touchie subject
Lt. Commander
# 355
03-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain-Disaster
LOL, of course, you just assume people ignored the bigot's comments. How bout you realize that some here might of followed the rules and reported the post and gone on ignoring him? But that doesnt fit in with the victim syndrome that seems to be a recurring theme in this thread.
LOl... Well, it's extremely easy to assume, because - as I actually /said/ in the first place - people are quite ready, willing and able to harangue and pile on top of the OP for his failings, and yet I've seen nothing, NOTHING in post castigating any of the aforementioned bigotry.

If you find one to be more abhorrent that the other, it behooves you to say so, because your posting seems to indicate you believe the OP deserves the worst kind of vile epithets thrown at him for the crime of being an attention-seeker.
Lt. Commander
# 356
03-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Arac
LOl... Well, it's extremely easy to assume, because - as I actually /said/ in the first place - people are quite ready, willing and able to harangue and pile on top of the OP for his failings, and yet I've seen nothing, NOTHING in post castigating any of the aforementioned bigotry.

If you find one to be more abhorrent that the other, it behooves you to say so, because your posting seems to indicate you believe the OP deserves the worst kind of vile epithets thrown at him for the crime of being an attention-seeker.
It is a most annoying crime.
Lt. Commander
# 357
03-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain-Disaster
Yea, I hope you are right. The few comments that where made where highly inappropriate and I hope they meet with harsh punishment. I also hope the OP receives his due punishment as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Arac

Really? Have you even read the thread?
Lt. Commander
# 358
03-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
It is a most annoying crime.
See above post.
Lt. Commander
# 359
03-15-2010, 01:59 AM
So when I got to this thread it was at 30 pages.

My first thought was to just close it down and call it a day.
But no, your old pal Indigofyre decided that it needed a closer look to see what was going on.

In the first 10 pages or so this thread earned its closer because of
1) Discussing moderation - not allowed, ever
2) off topic - This has nothing to do with the discussion of STO, it belongs in ten forward

As I read the conversation drew on, most people stayed good natured about it, though they disagreed. Some people were out of hand, and I had to moderate. By the time I got to page 30 the whole bit had just about wrapped itself up, I was so proud of you guys.

Then I read on past page 30, where everything goes down hill. Now I have a third reason to close this thread
3) Political discussions are not about Star Trek Online and do not have a place on these forums.

You can pick which one is your favorite reason for my closing this thread, as it is now closed.
Closed Thread