Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2010, 08:29 PM
/stuck has only worked for me once.

/killme brings up its own special bug report and asks that I submit it and wait for GM response. Not too useful in the middle of a PvP match...

The only way that has seemed to work for me is by using Abandon Ship. Of course this does little if you once again get respawned stuck in the base. And of course lower level characters don't have access to Abandon Ship...

I have seen more than enough close PvP matches shifted one way or the other because some player(s) ended up stuck in the base on blue side.

So, can anything be done other than removing the piece of terrain? After all, what purpose does it serve?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowreap
/stuck worked for me. it might have been because I was using reverse thrust at the time, and I had changed my pitch to nose up about 30 degrees. or maybe not.

regardless, I can definitely say that it's false to claim that /stuck never works.
I can now also say it's false to claim that that moving around / reverse thrust always makes /stuck work. tonight I got stuck again and /stuck didn't work, even though I moved/turned as much as I could.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-16-2010, 11:07 PM
How about when /stuck does not work?

Earlier in a PvP on Salvage Operation, I got stuck with my ship half-in, half-out the station model where Federation ships respawn. Recalling the /stuck command, I tried it, and got this as a response:

Stuck cannot be used. If you are still stuck use /killme.

I took that to mean that /stuck has been deactivated or made inoperable for some reason, and so resorted to /killme to leave a help request and wait. /killme didn't work (like the last time this happened, which spawned a fellow teammate completely inside the station, bouncing back and forth like a fly in a can). Self-destructing to respawn only respawned me even further in the station than I had been before. So just like last time, I had a back-row seat to my outnumbered team's loss after we had fought our way back from early spawncamp-pointrushing by outnumbering Klingons.

Suffice it to say, I was not happy; I hate losing a match on account of level design oversights. </complaint>

Are there no other options to get oneself free from stationary objects when the general way fails and GMs are too slow to get back to you in time to aid your team? As it stands, until the devs resolve the spawn point overlap with the station, it seems folk in this situation are just SOL...
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2010, 11:23 PM
The real sad part.. Is how often it happens to people.. These kinda bugs should be like 1 in 10000 spawns. A lot of people are afftected and it should of been addressed by now. Having it happen even once per day makes me sad.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Another sad part is that this has been a known issue since beta. It happened to me then as well...
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioDragon View Post
So, can anything be done other than removing the piece of terrain? After all, what purpose does it serve?
Okay, so after running through a great deal of PvP in Salvage Operation on red side this week, I do at least realize that the base does serve as a nice visual landmark. I am not sure if the problem lies in the collision map for the object, or the coding of the spawn point info for that area.