Lt. Commander
Having looked at the new "expanding universe" clip I thought what I liked what I saw. And then I realized that those new races and bridges are going to be c-store content. I can understand the races to an extent, but the game's current offering of bridges is pathetic, and Cryptic wants to charge us for putting in content that should have been there at launch in the first place.

Cryptic, you put out a mediocre game, albeit quite a feat for two years work. Lots of people are sticking around because they think you are going to fix STO over time, but if they have to pay you half the time you fix something on top of the monthly fee many are going to leave.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
who said those bridges would be in the C-Store? There will be bridges available in the c-store, but some of those looked like the bridges from the show (I saw voyagers in there), and I doubt they would make that a c-store item, especially since the ship is in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
who said those bridges would be in the C-Store? There will be bridges available in the c-store, but some of those looked like the bridges from the show (I saw voyagers in there), and I doubt they would make that a c-store item, especially since the ship is in the game.
Erm ... Cryptic ... they're the ones who said the new bridges would be in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Forgot new bridges, they need to fix the size and textures of the existing ones first. Oh, and bridges aren't game breaking, they are purely asthetic. So I don't see any reason why they couldn't put it on the C-Store. Still won't pay for one though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 06:05 PM
And how about respecs? Those will be available fropm the C-Store, too... despite the fact that the same or similar thing is available for in-game currency in other MMO's.

How are people supposed to even know what skills do what if even from launch nobody really knows what they do or how they affect things? That, and skills will change.

You might think they'd have some descriptions in the game manual (it'd make sense, wouldn't it?), but that manual is garbage.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Don't worry guys... the content you expected at launch is coming, don't abandon us, stick with us while we make your vision a reality...
...oh and you have to pay extra for those things obviously, above and beyond the sub... but you knew that right?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Ya know, wouldn't it be better to wait till after the stuff hits the C-store before we start complaining. So at least we know more about what we are complaining about?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
And how about respecs? Those will be available fropm the C-Store, too... despite the fact that the same or similar thing is available for in-game currency in other MMO's.

How are people supposed to even know what skills do what if even from launch nobody really knows what they do or how they affect things? That, and skills will change.

You might think they'd have some descriptions in the game manual (it'd make sense, wouldn't it?), but that manual is garbage.
Um, you get a free respec everytime you hit the next Rank, you get in-game respecs that costs you Merits, and then if you still need a respec after you spent all your merits (is that even possible?), you have the C-Store option. Stop posting without all the facts; all you're doing is spreading lies and inflaming the uninformed to pitchforks and torchlights. And yes, they need better descriptions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dragon View Post
Ya know, wouldn't it be better to wait till after the stuff hits the C-store before we start complaining. So at least we know more about what we are complaining about?
Why start now?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Having looked at the new "expanding universe" clip I thought what I liked what I saw. And then I realized that those new races and bridges are going to be c-store content. I can understand the races to an extent, but the game's current offering of bridges is pathetic, and Cryptic wants to charge us for putting in content that should have been there at launch in the first place.

Cryptic, you put out a mediocre game, albeit quite a feat for two years work. Lots of people are sticking around because they think you are going to fix STO over time, but if they have to pay you half the time you fix something on top of the monthly fee many are going to leave.
There are 12 bridges at RA 5.. Additional Bridges is just cosmetic fluff.. having them in C-Store is non issue.