Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Cryptic worships Satan & Atari eats babies!
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
And how about respecs? Those will be available fropm the C-Store, too... despite the fact that the same or similar thing is available for in-game currency in other MMO's.
Respecs..

1) You get 1 free respec when patch hits live.

2) You get a free respec each time you recieve your new ship. (Rank up)

3) You get to respec using in game Merit Points.

all 3 of these are free.. aka no C-Store pruchase and no real world cash ... You can test the Respec system on Tribble Test Server now.

Now for those too lazy to run missions to gather Merit Points.. C-Store offers a respec for RW cash.. but it is totally not necessary since you can get the Merit Points by running a few explore or DSE missions.

Quote:
How are people supposed to even know what skills do what if even from launch nobody really knows what they do or how they affect things? That, and skills will change.
Try reading the descriptions in game to see what the skill does and the Examples to show what other skills get buffed..

I have absolutely no problem reading and understanding the skills in game..

If I see skill says Deflector Performance and am confusled ... I right click on a deflector dish and see what examples are listed for Deflector Dish.. the exchange is a wonderful thing for cross referencing items / skills / abilities when speccing out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Respecs..

1) You get 1 free respec when patch hits live.

2) You get a free respec each time you recieve your new ship. (Rank up)

3) You get to respec using in game Merit Points.

all 3 of these are free.. aka no C-Store pruchase and no real world cash ... You can test the Respec system on Tribble Test Server now.

Now for those too lazy to run missions to gather Merit Points.. C-Store offers a respec for RW cash.. but it is totally not necessary since you can get the Merit Points by running a few explore or DSE missions.
Oh, really?

I must've missed that part when I was reading stuff. I withdraw my prevoious post with a smile on my face. ^.^

Much respect for posting that info.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestalence_XC View Post
Respecs..
Try reading the descriptions in game to see what the skill does and the Examples to show what other skills get buffed..

I have absolutely no problem reading and understanding the skills in game..

If I see skill says Deflector Performance and am confusled ... I right click on a deflector dish and see what examples are listed for Deflector Dish.. the exchange is a wonderful thing for cross referencing items / skills / abilities when speccing out.
FYI, just because one skill lists another skill doesn't tell you really what it is, nor the degree to which enhancing that skill will be. Some skills enhance actual effect, others duration, etc. It's not so cut-and-dry as simply reading what's presented in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-14-2010, 06:50 PM
I vaguely remember reading that it would be possible to earn C-Store Points without paying for them. If this is still the case, then, for me it's a non-issue.

I have to agree if the only way to acquire, even these cosmetic items, is by paying for them it does place these items beyond the reach of some.

So long as there is a way for people to earn these points with non monetary means I am a supporter of the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Picard for President, Believe in Change

Picard has promised to instate a Game Czar to overlook Cryptic and Atari.

Also Cryptic Point Stimulus Plan in the works to relieve all players struggling from the Gold Seller inflation thats gonna create a recession.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
FYI, just because one skill lists another skill doesn't tell you really what it is, nor the degree to which enhancing that skill will be. Some skills enhance actual effect, others duration, etc. It's not so cut-and-dry as simply reading what's presented in-game.
For me it is cut and dry..

see if the skill enhances the effect (giving the + # modifier), Your CD will remain the same.. If your CD gets reduced, then typically you do not get the + # modifier. but then again I have 1 main and 2 alts.. I used my alts (before Tribble) to check skills and effects becore purchasing on my main character.

but then that adds a time syc since I have to lvl 1 to 2 alts with my main character.. however with my main geing RA 5, I can delete one Skills test alt and roll up a different career path. then delete the 2nd alt and re-roll to test skills with it.

With the Tribble Test Server, I can go in with Copy of my character and test a build / respec, test a build, respec.. Delete character from Tribble, load mack into live and then skill my character based on results from test..

later if I need to research another skill, copy the character again to Tribble and re-run tests on different skills.

I agree that there needs to be a better method instead of the hoops I jump through, but until it is implimented (which devs are going to look into and discuss), I'm just using the current game mechanics to my advantage..

Others may not want to do all that.. but for me it works.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcoff View Post
I vaguely remember reading that it would be possible to earn C-Store Points without paying for them. If this is still the case, then, for me it's a non-issue.

I have to agree if the only way to acquire, even these cosmetic items, is by paying for them it does place these items beyond the reach of some.

So long as there is a way for people to earn these points with non monetary means I am a supporter of the C-Store.
Make sure to take all the surveys that Cryptic offers.. last survey gave 240 Cryptic Points.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I was pretty dissapointed that they arent adding some bridges, ship exteriors, or races to the game except for the C-Store.

I hope Cryptic at least continues cosmetic type development for the betterment of the game and not just lock all new additions behind a C Store.

Lt. Commander
# 20
03-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcoff View Post
I've never read that anywhere.