Lt. Commander
# 21
03-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcoff View Post
I vaguely remember reading that it would be possible to earn C-Store Points without paying for them. If this is still the case, then, for me it's a non-issue.

I have to agree if the only way to acquire, even these cosmetic items, is by paying for them it does place these items beyond the reach of some.

So long as there is a way for people to earn these points with non monetary means I am a supporter of the C-Store.
I don't recall ever hearing of a way to get free CP in-game, but respecs will be easy and cheap in-game, without CP. Everything else is purely cosmetic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcoff View Post
I vaguely remember reading that it would be possible to earn C-Store Points without paying for them. If this is still the case, then, for me it's a non-issue.

I have to agree if the only way to acquire, even these cosmetic items, is by paying for them it does place these items beyond the reach of some.

So long as there is a way for people to earn these points with non monetary means I am a supporter of the C-Store.
Well they have said they were considering allowing players to earn Cryptic Points in game somehow. I dont really see that happening, but yea they did say that.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Don't like the game? There's the door.

They aren't necessary for the game, so they get thrown in the C-store. Nothing is unreasonable about that. Respec on the other hand is arguable. Thus, they make it both an in-game and c-store item.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
I hope Cryptic at least continues cosmetic type development for the betterment of the game and not just lock all new additions behind a C Store.
Read the additions that have been made on Tribble. There are new hairstyles and casual outfits being added, just off the top of my head.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
I was pretty dissapointed that they arent adding some bridges, ship exteriors, or races to the game except for the C-Store.

I hope Cryptic at least continues cosmetic type development for the betterment of the game and not just lock all new additions behind a C Store.

Well, Klingons got Ship Customizatons added to game for T0 and T5.. those are not C-Store..

So I am sure some items will be added as content.. however extra races.. not a necessary item to play the game as there are plenty of races AND and alien creator in game already.. prebuilt alien races are Fluff.. thus C-Store.

Bridges.. there are 12 at RA 5, serve no purpose in game, as such, fluff.. thus C-Store.

Ship Exteriors are just skins.. not necessary for game play as there are already skins available for use.. thus Fluff.. thus C-Store.

Point being, if you want a ship skin.. $2 or $3 isn't going to break you.. but you DON"T have to have it to play the game. Just skip buying that soda or pack of smokes or that 6 pack of beer and you can get it..

Or wait until Cryptic puts up a Survey and get a free 240 C-Points.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreofwar View Post
And how about respecs? Those will be available fropm the C-Store, too... despite the fact that the same or similar thing is available for in-game currency in other MMO's.

How are people supposed to even know what skills do what if even from launch nobody really knows what they do or how they affect things? That, and skills will change.

You might think they'd have some descriptions in the game manual (it'd make sense, wouldn't it?), but that manual is garbage.
I got the collectors edition, it didn't even have a manual...

respecs will also be given out at every promotion you get and when they release tune/tweak patches, read all about it on the tribble (test server) forums

For skill info, if you right click on items and select info, it gives you a better description, or you can go to a site like stowiki.org and benefit from other people's research.

I have relied on 3rd party web site information for almost every MMO I have ever played, you will always get better information from players than you will from the developers. Developers aren't well known for their communication skills.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupgoblin View Post
I got the collectors edition, it didn't even have a manual...
I would check your CE again. It's connected to the art book. If you don't have the art book, then you are a fool for not returning =P
Lt. Commander
# 28
I think at least the original ship bridges (and rest of ship interiors when they are released) should not cost anything, in fact they should be the default skin for the ship when u buy it. I hope thats what happens, especially if they add ship interior functions.
Lt. Commander
# 29
I don't understand this thread. They are adding tons of cool stuff, lots of missions, new skins... I don't understand what the poster of this thread wants to accomplish. I guess some people just like to be heard...

I think the season one thing coming out this week is awesome. Props to Cryptic for making a fun game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
I've never read that anywhere.
They gave me free CP for participating in a survey, and they have already mentioned that they have more surveys on the way in the near future.