Lt. Commander
# 1 Skills Info List
03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
ok so eventually we will be given the option to respec. and so i decided to get any and all info on all the skills that a engineer has.

only problem is there is basically nothing, and most of it is so convoluted that my limited intelligence cannot fathom it.

i want a list of what every skill, ability, button, does in this game. i dont want vauge references like: on the skill description for deflectors it lists 2 things as EXAMPLES of what it affects.... does this mean there are more things that the deflectors ability affects or are they the only 2? and if they are can the tooltip be eventually fixed to reflect that?

like if someone who knows of a list could direct me to it that would be great. and dont link the skills builder. thats not what im referring too.

going off my previous example i would like something like this

deflectors ability affects skill A B C R F and slightly buffs V

any info would be appreciated to understaning the convuled mess this skill tree is.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2010, 11:08 PM
while those links are helpful and gave me some info i currently didnt have. the main thing im after is this.

for example

Special Forces: This skill improves ground assault weapons damage, as well as martial arts, stealth, and advanced warfare abilities. Examples include: Leg Sweep, Ambush, Motion Accelerator.

the stuff thats bolded and underlined is what im having issues with. and it raises questions

#1 if those are examples then how do i figure out what else is affected by it? for example deflectors help some things out that deflector field does not but neither of them explain that in any way.

#2 if this is worded incorrectly then why hasnt some kind of general statement been made saying so?

#3 look im not a person that will invest months and months into researching this stuff, but i at least think i deserve to know what abilities affect what and why. is that such a difficult thing for these game creators?

ive spent 3 weeks trying to find out and all i can come up with is some abilities may affect some, some dont and some do nothing like what they say....
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 11:22 PM
yeah I know what u mean, its annoying. It would be nice when u look a the skills, have some link in there and when u press it it tells every skill it effects and how it effects it. Unfortunately I don't know anywhere where you can find that info.