1. Slow Down breath.
2. For now, don't make any new playable races. Or create or work on any new big idea projects
3. Fill in the existing Scheme's(Build up what you have already made).
4. For now, Get the Developers off the forums. Let them concentrate on their tasks and not their hurt feelings or who they may be blaming for what ever, this is not productive.
5. Compile a team of folks (Whom you have Met face to face and are not developers hopefully players) who would be deployed secretly in game with several "Accounts" to play along with other players and join fleets to get a "general feel" of what the players "NEED". There are too many "Wants" to even try to understand them all let alone implement them. (there will be time for that later).
E.G. A couple of my friends had a long discussion last night that was surprisingly objective as to what we thought was good about the game bad, and needed to be done. It was not a bash fest of cryptic it was simply a rendering of some of the needs of the game.
I am sure that there are many other folks having similar conversations that as it is now Cryptic will never hear.
These are Exactly the types of conversations Cryptic NEEDS to hear. Currently it seems impossible that Cryptic could sort through the thousands of players and Player comments to compile a reasonable set of goals.
6. These teams would report back to a General Liaison Manager who understands not only the basic programming structure of the game (for the purpose of translating those needs into something practical for the programmers to work on), but also someone who can help sort out the nonsense from the realistic and urgent from the not so urgent.
7. As much as I shudder at the thought of forum junkies who scream for impractical things there are legitimate posters who spend more time in game than on the forums, With that said: A Similar team to browse the forums and report back to the General Liaison Manager as well.
8. The General Liaison Manager should lay out a suggested path for the developers to follow. This does not mean that the developers can't be creative or come up with new "Neat things", for now, it is just a matter of getting things under control and deciding on a simple course of action.
There are Far to many posts and ideas for you all to even consider. They are there because the community "Feels" let down. That's OK, you can't change what has been done, only what your are going to do.
The community wants YOU to have the answers before they do.
You develop the game in a rational manner and we will stay and play!
Above all please do not have knee jerk reactions, That especially at this point would not be very constructive.
I understand that you have created a lot in a short period of time. It has not worked out as well as we all would have liked that also is OK.
STAR TREK is legendary in its "Staying Power" and perhaps you didn't realize the "grandness" of what you were taking on. As you now probably are starting to understand you can't do it sloppy. There already is a Star Trek universe that has been established and its more than 40 years old and you have big shoes to fill.
I want to encourage you "Cryptic" and you the Players that we can work on it together and make it happen.
STO Players if you are like me and love the idea of being a part of a great game in the Star Trek universe. Lets give Cryptic a chance to breath. and work with them. You have had your chance to yell at them, OK lets Drive on and get it done.
The Brotherhood of the Risen Phoenix Fleet and Clan
Good ideas, frankly if you listen to the players too much it leaves you into the position of not knowing where to start. It would be better to gather the most griped about items that are open for discussion and prioritize based off that.