Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Considering the queues are so long on Federations side, sometimes stretching up to 50mins just to join a PvP encounter. Klingons gets the chance of doing PvP 2 more times during that same time frame.

Coming down to math at this point, PvP rewards on klingon side are 3 times higher due to the fact they get to join more often the queue.

They in return can fully equip their ship while most feds are still making due with their earnings.

I also notice the survivability with dps of a klingon ship way outweighs one of a starfleet ship, considering many have cloaks allowing them to setup tactics feds can't even dream or exploit.

I find hull on many Klingon ships are way too high for the option they have for a fast getaway.

Not all Klingon ships, but many I find should receive a hull decrease, except for the carrier and perhaps the BoP.

As controversial as this topic has been and can be seen throughout this forum. One common thing always surface, Klingons in general refuses to fight other Klingons. This says much of how imbalance Klingons are and Klingons inadvertently admits this by refusing to fight each other.

So the questions isn't if Klingons are OP, the question is what nerf are they willing to accept.

As long as Klingons prefers fighting Federation over other Klingons because it is easier... it is as long as Klingon is required to be toned down.

Klingons has spoken by their actions.

My 2 energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
Considering the queues are so long on Federations side, sometimes stretching up to 50mins just to join a PvP encounter. Klingons gets the chance of doing PvP 2 more times during that same time frame.

Coming down to math at this point, PvP rewards on klingon side are 3 times higher due to the fact they get to join more often the queue.

They in return can fully equip their ship while most feds are still making due with their earnings.

I also notice the survivability with dps of a klingon ship way outweighs one of a starfleet ship, considering many have cloaks allowing them to setup tactics feds can't even dream or exploit.

I find hull on many Klingon ships are way too high for the option they have for a fast getaway.

Not all Klingon ships, but many I find should receive a hull decrease, except for the carrier and perhaps the BoP.

As controversial as this topic has been and can be seen throughout this forum. One common thing always surface, Klingons in general refuses to fight other Klingons. This says much of how imbalance Klingons are and Klingons inadvertently admits this by refusing to fight each other.

So the questions isn't if Klingons are OP, the question is what nerf are they willing to accept.

As long as Klingons prefers fighting Federation over other Klingons because it is easier... it is as long as Klingon is required to be toned down.

My 2 energy credits.
You speak as if these klingons are someone else? the klingons are YOU , and by YOU refusing to lvl one to cap YOU are holding the game back......

I made my general to help with the Q's but when i get on my RA i have to wait 30 mins cuz you wont get off your REAR.............................................. .Admiral and make a Klingon.

Many of the top generals have done k vs k infact we did it to lvl fast early on . now we cant even get enogh players to fight the feds , how on earth do you except us to get enogh players to fight each other??????

MAKE A KLINGON , if you Really care about this game YOU will.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:

My 2 energy credits.

You know when you are right you are right I say they should tone down the amount of rewards the klingons get from pvp and force them to do PvE missions to get the bulk of their equipment and credits.....oh wait.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
You speak as if these klingons are someone else? the klingons are YOU , and by YOU refusing to lvl one to cap YOU are holding the game back......

I made my general to help with the Q's but when i get on my RA i have to wait 30 mins cuz you wont get off your REAR.............................................. .Admiral and make a Klingon.

Many of the top generals have done k vs k infact we did it to lvl fast early on . now we cant even get enogh players to fight the feds , how on earth do you except us to get enogh players to fight each other??????

MAKE A KLINGON , if you Really care about this game YOU will.
I dislike the Red UI and I always played the "side of Good", regardless how the balance going to work out. Nothing going to make me play something else than feds, so your critic pretty much went down the toilet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grignak View Post
You know when you are right you are right I say they should tone down the amount of rewards the klingons get from pvp and force them to do PvE missions to get the bulk of their equipment and credits.....oh wait.
PvE reward is a joke versus the PvP counterparts, any serious PvPer knows this. And I see no reason why Klingons would do PvE if they were given the option.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
I dislike the Red UI and I always played the "side of Good", regardless how the balance going to work out. Nothing going to make me play something else than feds, so your critic pretty much went down the toilet.

Um the Klingons are the good side....general worf begged the feds to join the fight to free the Gorn of the shapeshifters , insted of helping the empire and listening to former starfleet officer worf they declared war on the empire.....hmmm now why would the fedration not want to free a ppl of the alpha quad. of Undine? hmmmmm The fedration is controlled by evil shapeshifters.

This is all ingame text not some "story" im making up ethier.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synacus View Post
Um the Klingons are the good side....general worf begged the feds to join the fight to free the Gorn of the shapeshifters , insted of helping the empire and listening to form starfleet officer worf they declared war on the empire.....hmmm now why would the fedration not want to free a ppl of the alpha quad. of Undine? hmmmmm The fedration is controlled by evil shapeshifters.

This is all ingame text not some "story" im making up ethier.
The federation isn't the shapeshifters, and regardless how trouble starts within your forces, the federation, not the fake clones, but the federation stands for a lot of good. A mass of species where the primary mission is to explore can't be viewed as your typical evil.

On the other hand, Klingon favorite quote "It is a good day to die". :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
The federation isn't the shapeshifters, and regardless how trouble starts within your forces, the federation, not the fake clones, but the federation stands for a lot of good. A mass of species where the primary mission is to explore can't be viewed as your typical evil.

On the other hand, Klingon favorite quote "It is a good day to die". :p

Fedration IS the shapeshifters , Why would the fedration not help free the Gorn of shapeshifters?

and explore huh? ya the borg explore then force a ppl to join them also.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
PvE reward is a joke versus the PvP counterparts, any serious PvPer knows this. And I see no reason why Klingons would do PvE if they were given the option.
Feel free to come to the Klingon side and check out those great PvP reward merchants anytime especially since we are missing Mk X shields/Deflectors/Engines.

So if you didnt get the hint the first time let me spell it out leave the Klingon faction alone,if it was that great being a Klingon side player im sure there would be more people there than there are now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2010, 12:42 AM
im sorry OP but u speak out of ignorance. your points are thus:1. kling equip faster. 2. PvP rewards are better for klingon. 3. klingons can PvP twice as much 4.Klingon ships have too great of hull. 5. suvivability vs Dps

1. its not faster to equip a klingnon ship, its slower, coming from the rank up we have 0 of that PvP currancy and worse stock equipment than we've already earned. on average its taken me to sub rank 5 or 6 to be completly refit with the mark gear of my rank and thats dipping into the exchange for buying expensive things in terms of pvp points (engines, deflectors). at 30ish points a battle and a little over 100 just for a weapon, and then a new weapon for each slot...u get the point, your "math" is wrong. feds havve access to mission reward items higher than their rank so when they rank up they already fresh gear to equip, not to mention feds also have access to pvp gear the same as we do.

2. everything except shield systems are green, shields being blue. enjoy. im not even sure how a klingon can get blues or purples outside of exchange, how many blue mission rewards are there? tons.

3. i cant speak for everyone(well, no, i sorta can) but the PvP queis pretty bare when it comes to kvk, ive only done one so far which means 100% of my exp and badges are earned at the same rate as the feds im fighting(theres been less downtime getting a match than flying from system to system on fed.

4. klings have lower shield and hull than their fed counterparts and BoP ranks the absolute lowest.

5. most if not all klings go full weap power and then BO power or cloak for suriviability. im not sure what feds go but sci vessels might go full aux from time to time b/c it helps with their detection and powers, cruisers might go shields from time to time; those 2 classes depending on the player are lowering their DPS to fit their percieved role but pretty much all klings understand firepower>all . so with focus fire it might seem kllingons are stronger but its just tactics vs no tactics.