Lt. Commander
# 1 Tholians?
03-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Where are they now? Just wondering....
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Good question....

They were kinda cool too, I mean how many times do you meet crystalline humanoid life forms?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Every time I go to the beach?
/rimshot
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Good question....

They were kinda cool too, I mean how many times do you meet crystalline humanoid life forms?
Just a wee bit of a nitpick here: Tholians are not humanoid.

I figure they'll be added to the game sooner or later though, when they create a character skeleton that will work with six, insect-like legs. Hopefully, they'll be playable too
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post

I figure they'll be added to the game sooner or later though, when they create a character skeleton that will work with six, insect-like legs. Hopefully, they'll be playable too
Well I just picked the term so as not to include the crystalline entity, which is a whole 'nother kind of 'cool'
Different category and all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post
Until that one episode of Enterprise (i think) i always wondered what the rest of their body looked like. The original series shots just showed a "head" or something. Very surprised to see them look the way they did.

Where are they? Probably hanging out by their lonesome. Weren't they very xenophobic and isolationist?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagizero View Post
Until that one episode of Enterprise (i think) i always wondered what the rest of their body looked like. The original series shots just showed a "head" or something. Very surprised to see them look the way they did.

Where are they? Probably hanging out by their lonesome. Weren't they very xenophobic and isolationist?
they aren't humanoid though, humanoid implies that they are...humanoid. they are more... arachnoid.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Quote:

There are several mentions of Tholian ambassadors and trading transactions. They can't be that isolated...

Would be great to see them in the game at one point.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Tholians have never shown an interest in allying themselves with anybody, so I figure they are still on their own.

Check out Enterprise season 4, where they show one up close in the episode: "In a Mirror darkly part 1".
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:

STO completely ignored the Gorn visual update from Enterprise, I don't see why they wouldn't ignore the Tholian one as well. Who knows what STO tholians would look like.