Lt. Commander
# 1 Feedback on "New Link"
03-15-2010, 05:18 AM
A few things strike me as weird in this episode, particularly how badly the dominon have been portrayed.

Let's get the simple things out of the way first, Laas is spelt wrong throughout the episode, it's Laas. Two As, one S.

Secondly, this is what he looks like: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Laas.jpg
Not the generic "shapeshifter of the week" that's currently in use. He looks alien, not changeling, although an incomplete alien.

Thirdly, the Jem'hadar chatter... they don't, at all. They're soldiers, and unlick most soldiers these ones are genetically engineered to be Perfect soldiers, so they wouldn't chatter on about "ohh, do my scales flake" and "oh, it's so hot out here"

Fourthly... The jem'hadar have never worshipped founders by kneeling and bowing to them, that's just weird.

Finally, Jem'hadar are born in incubation chambers that are in the hatcheries, Deep Space Nine found an infant in one of these once, they weren't born out of eggs, that's just wrong...
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I just posted this in another thread but I'll share it here.

Besides the lack of just being able to capture "Lass" and being forced to fight, there was so much potential here wasted. Laas was an expert shapeshifter and all we get is a elongated arm slap? WTF?

I half expected to fight at least 5 different creatures. Here is a changeling that can morph into a space-faring creature, fog and is at least 250 years old and we end with an arm slap and subdue with gunfire.

This mission was going so well and ended on a very weak note. This was a crowning moment! Please redo this mission. It pains me to see this mission end this way. The rest of the mission was fine (except the eggs. What were those?) but this last battle could have been so much more.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
I just posted this in another thread but I'll share it here.

Besides the lack of just being able to capture "Lass" and being forced to fight, there was so much potential here wasted. Laas was an expert shapeshifter and all we get is a elongated arm slap? WTF?

I half expected to fight at least 5 different creatures. Here is a changeling that can morph into a space-faring creature, fog and is at least 250 years old and we end with an arm slap and subdue with gunfire.

This mission was going so well and ended on a very weak note. This was a crowning moment! Please redo this mission. It pains me to see this mission end this way. The rest of the mission was fine (except the eggs. What were those?) but this last battle could have been so much more.
Agreed.

Any considering his firm stance on "not bothering, dealing with solids" which has dated back 250 years, i dont understand how he could possibly be raising an army to destroy the alpha quadrant. For someone who wants to avoid interactions with people, he's certainly going about it strangely. And i wont even get started on the "changelings don't WANT to be exposed to solids" issue, so why the hell are they building a link in the middle of on of the Cardassian empire's major mining worlds? - In the middle of their sworn enemies nation?