Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ever since the Fed PvP Daily quest has been implemented T5 PvP quality has tanked. You are forcing PvE'ers to do something they dont want to do, and since they get credit for it even when they lose they seem to just run in one at a time. The other day a fleet member made a shout in the PvP zone "We know your not even trying so lets get this over with faster by you just dropping your sheilds" and 2 of them actually did!!!! This reminds me of trying to PvP at lower tiers with suiciders trying to do their "iIts a good day to die" quest. It hurts both sides, It frustrates the people on the their "team" who are actually trying to win and BORES the hell out of the opposing side.

I personally think it needs to be taken out of the Fed side or make it do either this PvP mission or this PvE mission.

Again this is hurting both sides. Please address this ASAP!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 06:41 AM
This is exactly the kind of whine that needs to be re-thought.
The quest is not mandatory, and those people who don't wish to do it do not have to, you can even remove it from your quest list if it offends your visual sense of style. There is no need to remove the quest from the game, just as a TV has an on and off switch so you dont have to watch things you dont like so too does this quest have an option....or just change channels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by immagikman01 View Post
This is exactly the kind of whine that needs to be re-thought.
The quest is not mandatory, and those people who don't wish to do it do not have to, you can even remove it from your quest list if it offends your visual sense of style. There is no need to remove the quest from the game, just as a TV has an on and off switch so you dont have to watch things you dont like so too does this quest have an option....or just change channels.
Something tells me you didnt really read my post!?!?!?

Some want the badges the quest offers and yes it would be nice if they would "just delete it" and skip this days badges, But they are not. They enter the match and just come into us "Klinks" 1 at a time. And it ruins the fun for those fed's who actually wants to win.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Well then make the PvP quest like "Win 3 Hostile Engagaments", so that quest is completed only if the battle is won. BTW PvErs dont need to PvP if they dont want, they can get antiproton weapons for exploration marks as well. And if you say that PvP rewards (DS-K7) are superior to PvE ones (Battle Group Omega), you are right, but you really dont need aboslutely top gear for PvEing, having a slightly worse version doesnt make difference in PvE really.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Well, I just don't understand why you get nearly the same reward when winning or loosing.
I think, this should be fixed. Nobody cares about the looser, so why do they get a reward??

Jepp, you may get something because you were brave enough to join a battle, but not nearly the same like the winner.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorant View Post
Well then make the PvP quest like "Win 3 Hostile Engagaments", so that quest is completed only if the battle is won.
^ this

Cryptic's plan of rewarding people for losing is ruining the PvP experience. Too many people are there for the rewards and don't care at all about winning and don't even bother to try. It's like playing Counterstrike against a bunch of people who are going to get $5 just for showing up. They aren't good. They don't like the game. They aren't even attempting to fight you or win. It's no fun to "compete" against people like this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I agree, Cryptic forced these points to get people to PvP, when they don't want to.

1) Due to the mechanics, Federation players don't know teamwork.

2) Federation ships are ridiculously subpar to Klingon ships (I know, I play High-Tier Klingon and Federation).

3) High Tier = Abilities abuse.

Frankly, Cryptic don't know jack about PvP, and obviously they don't care since no balancing is being done on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Well soon there will be FvsF so maybe that will keep some of the PVE'ers in those battles IF the daily's allow them. We got one FvF on tribble going and it was fun but being use to klinks it was easy to kill feds lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-15-2010, 01:54 PM
My biggest problem with the PvP daily missions is the time it takes to queue. If I do anything other than wait for the queue to pass, I tend to miss my spot. Any time I am doing any sort of a mission, I usually only see that I missed my queue spot reported in the chat window, while never seeing the queue message pop up.

More often than not, I can "play" for 3-4 hours just watching my screen and chatting while I try to complete 3 Capture and Hold missions. This is getting to be very far from what I would normally consider fun, but I endure.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorant View Post
Well then make the PvP quest like "Win 3 Hostile Engagaments", so that quest is completed only if the battle is won. BTW PvErs dont need to PvP if they dont want, they can get antiproton weapons for exploration marks as well. And if you say that PvP rewards (DS-K7) are superior to PvE ones (Battle Group Omega), you are right, but you really dont need aboslutely top gear for PvEing, having a slightly worse version doesnt make difference in PvE really.
Well said, I would like to see alot of the "I lost" rewards taken out/reduced. The daily however should REQUIRE a win in PVP. Force the Feds to learn some Teamwork.