Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheroMon
Well, I just don't understand why you get nearly the same reward when winning or loosing.
I think, this should be fixed. Nobody cares about the looser, so why do they get a reward??

Jepp, you may get something because you were brave enough to join a battle, but not nearly the same like the winner.
Because they still participate. The rewards, reward participation, not Winning versus Losing, this is a game, not a nazi camp.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
Because they still participate. The rewards, reward participation, not Winning versus Losing, this is a game, not a nazi camp.
Nazi camp? Seriously? I agree with keeping the rewards of all participants close, but really, how did comparing a disagreeable game mechanic to a real-world genocide not set off the I'm-about-to-say-something-indescribably-stupid alarm in your head?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlanced
Well soon there will be FvsF so maybe that will keep some of the PVE'ers in those battles IF the daily's allow them. We got one FvF on tribble going and it was fun but being use to klinks it was easy to kill feds lol
Was easy to kill Feds heh? I wonder if the opposing team felt the same way; or thought you were OP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
Because they still participate. The rewards, reward participation, not Winning versus Losing, this is a game, not a nazi camp.
Maybe they can make nazi camp MMO next time. You can choose between two races: German and Jew, while Germans being OP with all kinds of guns and Jews with bare hands. And there would be open PvP there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
One word PRE-MADES!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIRockin
Nazi camp? Seriously? I agree with keeping the rewards of all participants close, but really, how did comparing a disagreeable game mechanic to a real-world genocide not set off the I'm-about-to-say-something-indescribably-stupid alarm in your head?
That is what that reply reminded me of , specially the the "nobody cares about the losers", just like in a nazi camp, nobody cared about the people inside it, let em burn, let em die let em rot in hell...so really that attitude that stance towards fellow players based on some arbitrary status is really similar.

You opponents in a PvP match are humans seeking fun as well, they participate in the match, losing does not make them lesser in any way. And a good game's aim would be to reward participation, not who wins or loses.

If you can't accept that, then that is really your problem and you may need to rethink your value system and possibly superiority complex too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
That is what that reply reminded me of , specially the the "nobody cares about the losers", just like in a nazi camp, nobody cared about the people inside it, let em burn, let em die let em rot in hell...so really that attitude that stance towards fellow players based on some arbitrary status is really similar.

You opponents in a PvP match are humans seeking fun as well, they participate in the match, losing does not make them lesser in any way. And a good game's aim would be to reward participation, not who wins or loses.

If you can't accept that, then that is really your problem and you may need to rethink your value system and possibly superiority complex too.
Its a competitive game, thats why its called Player vs Player, not "thanks for paticipating". If winning or losing shouldnt matter, why even keep score? At the end both sides can get an animation of a Kling and Fed hugging and telling each other "Were all winnners!".

And I cant believe you doubled down on the nazi anology, you really should apologize for that or just drop it. Saying your post is insensitive to those who actually suffered in the holocaust is like calling gang **** a social faux pas. I really hope your a troll and dont actually believe the stuff youve posted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
I would rather have cryptic just give them their stupid purple gear for free so they wont join my ground pvp matches and make them pointless. I could care less about leveling up, reaching end game, and getting uber loot - I just wanna have some real ground pvp fun without ridiculous and pointless odds because people are joining and then doing nothing to get their daily done.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-18-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

Cryptic's plan of rewarding people for losing is ruining the PvP experience. Too many people are there for the rewards and don't care at all about winning and don't even bother to try. It's like playing Counterstrike against a bunch of people who are going to get $5 just for showing up. They aren't good. They don't like the game. They aren't even attempting to fight you or win. It's no fun to "compete" against people like this.
This.

People should still get something for taking part, but the losing getting almost the same as the winners? That just makes no sense to me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Oh look!
Badges and points for ... doing nothing.

ONe suicidal run at the Player Klinks and I'm done. Just wait for rewards.

Dont even bother to shoot back anymore. I still need those badges and points.

Take those away... I will have no more motivation to join PvP.

SO, I agree with NOT REWARDING the losers. Then I would stay away from PvP alltogether, making everyone else a little happier.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 AM.