Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I found this little gem and it's worth a chuckle. Enjoy.

www.youtube.com/billywarp1
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
I found this little gem and it's worth a chuckle. Enjoy.

www.youtube.com/billywarp1
Not bad effects. The ship wasn't scaled or color corrected right, so looked out of place.
But the explosion effects and beam effects were pretty damn good!

Though...i do like star wars AND star trek...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-15-2010, 08:57 AM
lol it's funny, cause it's true. thanks for the post.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
Not bad effects. The ship wasn't scaled or color corrected right, so looked out of place.
But the explosion effects and beam effects were pretty damn good!

Though...i do like star wars AND star trek...
Heretic! Burn him!

Ah, well, I do like them both, too.

Light Sabers* and TIE Fighters roars are awesome.
But a Galaxy Class ship is a thing of beauty and elegance...

Each has its perks.

*) Though maybe it would have been better if there had been no Star Wars, so it wouldn't be so... "trademarky" and more sci-fi settings would use them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-15-2010, 09:07 AM
What if you had a Galaxy Class ship staffed with Jedi? hmmm may have to change that to borg cube and sith, the Jedi would go no where and just float around debating all season long Zzzzzzzzz.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Heretic! Burn him!

Ah, well, I do like them both, too.

Light Sabers* and TIE Fighters roars are awesome.
But a Galaxy Class ship is a thing of beauty and elegance...

Each has its perks.

*) Though maybe it would have been better if there had been no Star Wars, so it wouldn't be so... "trademarky" and more sci-fi settings would use them.
Thats my biggest pet peeve with space theme movies...
you can NOT hear a TIE fighter or any or damn ship in space....space is VERY silent. there is NOTHING for the sound vibrations to carry in order to get to you! You don't hear a damn thing in space!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
Thats my biggest pet peeve with space theme movies...
you can NOT hear a TIE fighter or any or damn ship in space....space is VERY silent. there is NOTHING for the sound vibrations to carry in order to get to you! You don't hear a damn thing in space!!!!
Nothing? Hmmm should make good sound proofing. I want space sound proofing around my quarters on the USS TenForward.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Nothing? Hmmm should make good sound proofing. I want space sound proofing around my quarters on the USS TenForward.
Its ok, when i come visit later, i planned on bringing duct tape...
but sound proofing works
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Nicholas Meyer - the director of Wrath of Khan - said in the commentary to the film that he thought about the sound in vacuum thing, but was over-ruled when he suggested having no engine sounds when showing the ships in space.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
Its ok, when i come visit later, i planned on bringing duct tape...
but sound proofing works
I don't have any leaky ducts
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:28 AM.