Lt. Commander
# 61
03-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon47
7.62mm is .308 cal. (Sorry....ex-military, ex-police officer, and enjoy a relaxing afternoon of punching holes in paper with explosive propelled bullets. )
Yeah, didn't say they were equal just close. I'm former military and shoot things out in the country from time to time... mostly rodents.
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon47
7.62mm is .308 cal. (Sorry....ex-military, ex-police officer, and enjoy a relaxing afternoon of punching holes in paper with explosive propelled bullets. )
Paper? Paper?? Use plastic targets. All the satisfaction, they go down on impact, spring back up but the hole seal (mostly) from the heat off the round.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Paper? Paper?? Use plastic targets. All the satisfaction, they go down on impact, spring back up but the hole seal (mostly) from the heat off the round.
I use prairie dogs, jack rabbits, clay pigeons, and old electronics as targets. Rest in pieces Sappy the Monitor. :p

Sappy ate a few rounds from: 30-30, .40 pistol, a pair of .22 pistols, and 12 guage slugs and buckshot.
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT26thES
I use prairie dogs, jack rabbits, clay pigeons, and old electronics as targets. Rest in pieces Sappy the Monitor. :p
Did that kind of thing going on about 20 years ago. A co-worker let me take out one of his father's souvenirs from WWII...a Walther P-38 with Waffen SS markings and holster (complete with death's head). Out of every handgun I've fired, that had to be about the smoothest sction and most fun shooting gun.
Lt. Commander
# 65
03-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Is he a frustrated STO player in his off-duty attire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_HTh...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 66
03-18-2010, 03:14 AM
I miss shooting, sometimes. I used to be a damned good shot with a .22 and .222, and was a member of the BSRC (British Sporting Rifle Club). Although I was sort of nudged into it by my Dad (multiple time UK shooting champion) and one of his close friends, who eventually shot Rifle for Team GB in the Olympics, I never really got into it.

Still, maybe I should take it back up.
Lt. Commander
# 67
03-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I prefer the 1911 .45 Colt. Reliable stopping power for almost a century.
Psst....

M1911A1 produced by Ithaca Firearms....is far superior to the Colt....It may be the identical model...but Ithaca has better balance, and the firing pin assembly lasts a little longer then the Colt.

spent several years in the USS Kitty Hawk's armory as a Gunner's Mate.

However my favorite weapon was actually an M-14 A1 with a pistol grip. Beautiful wood stock....7.62mm ammunition, magazine fed goodness...selector switch to go from single, semi, and full auto fire...mmmmMmmmm

I demand loud ass Hawai'ian shirts!!!!1