Lt. Commander
My rank is LT CDR. My BO are fully promoted. I am able to increase the skill lvl of a second ability on all my BO however I am unable to use any of them. When I scroll my cursor over them it says I cant use them at this lvl or position. Says something close to that anyways. I have all LT CDR consoles. What do I need to do to be able to use all my BO abilities. Oh and this is just in ship to ship combat. Ground is fine.

One more question. For some reason one of my Phaser arrays gained the ability to auto fire. As this is cool and extreamly convientant I would like to know how I did that so I can do it again for all my phasers. To not have to hit fire is really nice.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 11:19 AM
In space, the skills your BOs can use are limited to the level of the BO station they are assigned. At Lt. Cmdr, all but one of your BO stations are Ensign level, meaning 3 of your 4 BOs can only use a single skill and the 4th can use 2.

Auto-fire can be toggled on/off by right-clicking the weapon. Currently, only one fore weapon and one aft weapon can (legitimately) be set to auto-fire.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
As a LCDR, you have a tier 2 ship at best. The bridge stations available to such a vessel are 3x Ensign and 1x Lieutenant (the Lieutenant station depends on the type of ship).

The station to which a BOff is assigned determines the (space) skills she can use.

Consoles are slots for extra equipment that enhances the abilities of the ship.

At present, a ship may have two weapons set on auto-fire: One fore, one aft. Right-click on the weapon in the tray/toolbar to toggle the ability. A green border indicates this status
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
On the subject of autofire... there's a bug where, if you right click multiple weapons really really fast, you can get more than one fore and aft weapon set to autofire. If you're extremely quick, or your connection is laggy, you can theoretically get all your weapons on autofire.

The devs have commented on this, and while it is a bug, it's not considered a punishable exploit. The reason is... they're planning on introducing a better autofire system in the near future. So for the time being, it's fine to use this trick. The devs are okay with it.

Check the dev posts, it's in there somewhere. I think Zinc made the comment about it, but I could be wrong. One of the Cryptic folks said something about it, anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Thank you all for the info. It was very helpfull.