Lt. Commander
So I decided to try out The Cure on Tribble... and oh what a shock.. good friggin luck LOL

The second part of it is a ground instance.. of course... and it contains "Anti-Thorons" which makes an Engineers Cover Shield or Repulser Dome break apart instantly.. but personal shield generators are unaffected.

So Engineers are almost useless in this zone, unless you consider shield and medical generators better than domes.

Ive included the only 2 uses of AntiThorons in Star Trek.

Antithoron - Artificially generated by aliens. Obviously the antiparticles of thorons. Thorons are an actual isotope. .

VOY: "Tattoo" - Antithoron radiation is used to decontaminate a planetary crust prior to the excavation of polyferranide.
VOY: "Hunters" - Voyager has a antithoron system and produces a level- 8 antithoron burst to strengthen the gravitational pull of the quantum singularity inside a Hirogen communication relay by weakening the station's containment field. The resulting power release disables all of the relay network. The usage in this episode seems very contrary to the use in a previous episode

So Voyager had an anti thoron system. How is it that they "interfere" with the Starfleet Equipment as the episode states, but it also states that our Personal Shield Generators should be "fine"?

How do the 3 shields obtain such a difference in construction? Is there a different power source? A strange emitter? And to that end, why would Starfleet make the 3 shields so different in construction?

The real reason is, Gozar or whatever Dev whos in charge of "The Cure" saw that Engineers were making things too easy ( if there is such a thing with The Hold.. I mean The Borg on the ground ) with crowd control on the ground.

WTG with this next instance guys

It has fail written all over it, except for the fanbois who will slam my thread.

gg
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Not slamming your thread, but offering an observation:

Engineers have more than one kit. Try them out. (Particularly the debuff-removers, as well as the mines and bombs.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Not slamming your thread, but offering an observation:

Engineers have more than one kit. Try them out. (Particularly the debuff-removers, as well as the mines and bombs.)
Ive got them all but the only thing that countered the Borgs Hold Spam was the domes and coveer shields

Its going to be alot of nonsense soon.. and Ive got a feeling based on Champions Online rewards system that the tokens and drops of this instance may not be worth it...

but who knows for sure... maybe in a month we can necro this thread and have a laugh.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
I just got to the ground boos in "The cure" and unfortunatly we only had one semitesting go at him before our guys had to bail.

After testing so for id say:

Episode 1 Space part = easier than infected.

Episode 2 Ground part = easier than infected even without cover shields and force field.

Groung boss (a big sod lol looks like they assimilated the hulk) = dunno yet we only had one semi kinda go at him but he hits hard just like the boss in infected.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2010, 04:58 PM
As usual the OP is overtaken with drama and gross exaggeration.

Once again, you need to use your brain to develop strategy. I don't see how the cover shield or force field dome has anything to do with "crowd control" as the title of this thread suggests.

My advice to the OP: Don't have a battle of wits if you are unarmed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Just a heads up on this one...

It has three parts..

Part One:
The first space part... is only a single spawn of trash space mobs. You wont be getting any badges for this part, its only there for story reasons.

Part Two : Ground

Ground portion.. This only has a mini-boss ( much like Captain Ogden from Infected ) .. although there are 3 sets of shield puzzles you have to figure out before you get to him. If you were using the tap-roll exploit to bypass these... it will no longer work... so you will have to actually get through all of these as well now.

Part Three - Space --- no one has even gotten there yet... so I wont spoil it for you... but this is where the "real" boss is... good luck
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Part Three - Space --- no one has even gotten there yet... so I wont spoil it for you... but this is where the "real" boss is... good luck
Sweet Action!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2010, 05:33 PM
A space boss?
Yay!
Hope it's harder to beat than a tactical cube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbadz
Ive got them all but the only thing that countered the Borgs Hold Spam was the domes and coveer shields
Befriend yourself with some tac players; Plasma Grenades, Stun Grenades, Suppressing Fire + Split- / Autotargeting beams help a lot when trying to slow down the drones so that they do not get in melee range. Like Matt_Dravis said, you can choose between more kits, I'm pretty sure you can support your group in a different way.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerix View Post
Befriend yourself with some tac players; Plasma Grenades, Stun Grenades, Suppressing Fire + Split- / Autotargeting beams help a lot when trying to slow down the drones so that they do not get in melee range. Like Matt_Dravis said, you can choose between more kits, I'm pretty sure you can support your group in a different way.
OK... now, I want to get this straight... if I want to make a ground character that specializes in crowd control and debuffing (e.g. a CoX Controller), should I make a Tactical Captain or a Science one?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
OK... now, I want to get this straight... if I want to make a ground character that specializes in crowd control and debuffing (e.g. a CoX Controller), should I make a Tactical Captain or a Science one?
Science.

If you want a ground 'tank' + DPS, or just straight DPS, go for Tactical.