Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Science.

If you want a ground 'tank' + DPS, or just straight DPS, go for Tactical.
See, that's what I thought too, until I found out, with the help of TheGladiator, that a Stun Grenade's hold lasts despite the target being damaged, while the Science hold breaks if anyone shoots the target. This is quite disappointing to me.

Anyway, a little "The Cure" update: I went in tonight, by myself, just my and my DSSV. Killed a Borg Sphere, pulled the second one and fought it like crazy, only to be defeated by... LAG! I swear, there's nothing more maddening to watch your ship go totally out of control, no stirring, no acknowledgment from the Server to what you're doing on your end. Only thing I could do was watch my ship "die" despite me using Engineering Team which the GUI promptly animated and all that, but the Server just wouldn't register the "heal".

Very disappointing indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
See, that's what I thought too, until I found out, with the help of TheGladiator, that a Stun Grenade's hold lasts despite the target being damaged, while the Science hold breaks if anyone shoots the target. This is quite disappointing to me.
There are other Science holds than the fragile one, as well as other debuffs (such as placate).
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-15-2010, 09:32 PM
The stun grenade "stun" effect isn't a hold. It doesn't last nearly as long as a hold... it's a STUN, thus the name "stun grenade".

Apples and Oranges.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis View Post
There are other Science holds than the fragile one, as well as other debuffs (such as placate).
So far, I haven't found a single kit that will hold a target both immobilize it and prevent it from attacking in a way that does not break under fire. Did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGladiator View Post
The stun grenade "stun" effect isn't a hold. It doesn't last nearly as long as a hold... it's a STUN, thus the name "stun grenade".
Hmm... so, basically, a stun effect should be able to incapacitate an enemy in the sense that they cannot attack despite me emptying my "clip" into them, but a science hold should break?!

Look, I understand Cryptic wanting to mix things up and divide crowd-control between the classes as opposed to how they did things in City of Heroes, but I find it ridiculous especially if stun grenades also immobilize the target. It does though, doesn't it?

Never mind, I guess I'll just do my best to warn people to not shoot targets surrounded by a mysterious fog. Thanks for the responses anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Part Three - Space --- no one has even gotten there yet... so I wont spoil it for you... but this is where the "real" boss is... good luck
Can we SNB+VM chain him? =)))

Anyway, am looking forward to The Cure really. I first thought Infected is too hard, but its all about strategy really, now it takes me just about 2 hrs to complete. The Cure adds another challenge, will be good I hope.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
My advice to the OP: Don't have a battle of wits if you are unarmed.
Harsh 10 char
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
This only has a mini-boss ( much like Captain Ogden from Infected ) .. although there are 3 sets of shield puzzles you have to figure out before you get to him. If you were using the tap-roll exploit to bypass these... it will no longer work... so you will have to actually get through all of these as well now.
Is this similar to the puzzle in Infected? Plasma pool on the ground and its a jumping puzzle? That annoyed the nuts off me to no end.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorWayne View Post
Is this similar to the puzzle in Infected? Plasma pool on the ground and its a jumping puzzle? That annoyed the nuts off me to no end.
Do what I did... whistle the Mario Bro.s midi into your Vent microphone....