Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Nice Hack!
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Was sent this in a tell.

For those Klinks who did like me. Started my fed long enough to make my klink (which is now BG5). So, now working up a fed for kicks.

The reason fed's can target your ship while Battlecloaked is cause of Sensor Scan. Hardly a hack.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Is there some console that boosts stealth detection? Or do science ships themselves get an inherent bonus?

Or I guess I should see what skills my boost that Sensor Scan ability's power.

I feel like even with Sensor Scan, full aux and dropping an Aux battery I'm still not seeing Klingons before they start shooting, but then, I'm in a Cruiser (Fed).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Is there some console that boosts stealth detection? Or do science ships themselves get an inherent bonus?

Or I guess I should see what skills my boost that Sensor Scan ability's power.

I feel like even with Sensor Scan, full aux and dropping an Aux battery I'm still not seeing Klingons before they start shooting, but then, I'm in a Cruiser (Fed).
All of those. Sci ships get a bonus to aux, sci captains have sensor scan, which I guess you are, and there's also a ton of skills/sci consoles for improving sensor array (stealth and stealth detection)

Most Klingons are noobs and run their aux at low levels, mostly because so few feds know how to find them. You should be able to detect most Klingons around 5-7km with max aux and sensor scan blown.

If they max their aux well then you're probably just not going to find them until they're under 2km or so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-15-2010, 01:50 PM
I could be wrong, but I think you need to be a Science Officer.

Just!! Ty, I've learned from this
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-15-2010, 04:03 PM
...where does this "k" in Klink come from? I read Klingon, I don't recall a K in Klingon for Klink. what is this racial slur. I ask, but i get no answer, where does the "K" at the end of Klink, originate from?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-15-2010, 04:27 PM
In addition to the aux and console bonuses mentioned, science ships DO also have an innate bonus to detection, period.

http://theenginescannaetakeit.wordpr...chanics/#other
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook0024
...where does this "k" in Klink come from? I read Klingon, I don't recall a K in Klingon for Klink. what is this racial slur. I ask, but i get no answer, where does the "K" at the end of Klink, originate from?
Not sure of origin, but it's been around since at least the mid 80's. I remember it's use in Starfleet Battles, along with the equaly "slurry", but less racial, "Fed-rat".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook0024
...where does this "k" in Klink come from? I read Klingon, I don't recall a K in Klingon for Klink. what is this racial slur. I ask, but i get no answer, where does the "K" at the end of Klink, originate from?
Where do people come from that take offense at any abbreviation or nickname for a people?

If you want to know where the K comes from, just say Klingon out loud. 'Kling' sounds a lot like 'Klink' but Klink is easier to cut short since a g has to be drawn out as opposed to a k. And its down to one syllable, a very common thing to do.

People abbreviate things all the time to make it easier to say, not to make slurs, that's entirely subjective based on its use. Rather than say British, you can say Brits. Or rather than Yankees, its Yanks. You get the same meaning across, and with better lingual efficiency.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-15-2010, 06:40 PM
"Lisa Klink" only thing in Star Trek, I found related to Klink.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Where do people come from that take offense at any abbreviation or nickname for a people?

If you want to know where the K comes from, just say Klingon out loud. 'Kling' sounds a lot like 'Klink' but Klink is easier to cut short since a g has to be drawn out as opposed to a k. And its down to one syllable, a very common thing to do.

People abbreviate things all the time to make it easier to say, not to make slurs, that's entirely subjective based on its use. Rather than say British, you can say Brits. Or rather than Yankees, its Yanks. You get the same meaning across, and with better lingual efficiency.
People also insist on being offended by really little things (like this), and yet forgiving of people who are outright hostile to the fact that they still draw air.

People are stupid.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12 AM.