Lt. Commander
# 11
03-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
People also insist on being offended by really little things (like this), and yet forgiving of people who are outright hostile to the fact that they still draw air.

People are stupid.
Oh, I dunno, it was meant as a slur. As was Fed-Rat. Had more to do with inflection I think than the word. But, it was a game (refering to the "rivalries" in SFB) and the slurs were mock slurs. "Get your damn Klink tractor off my ship" etc.

If anyone is really seriously taking them seriously... :head scratch: huh? um... well, one of The Shatt's best lines was - "Get a life".

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri_Starrider
Oh, I dunno, it was meant as a slur. As was Fed-Rat. Had more to do with inflection I think than the word. But, it was a game (refering to the "rivalries" in SFB) and the slurs were mock slurs. "Get your damn Klink tractor off my ship" etc.

If anyone is really seriously taking them seriously... :head scratch: huh? um... well, one of The Shatt's best lines was - "Get a life".

Cheers!
It was more out of curiosity as to where the K come from. I could care less for how others view racism, but in my position, I cannot tolerate such bs behavior, in RL or nor will I condone in the game world.

As for most of whiney, crying, and wannabe a pvp'r Fed players. GTFO, so I can play against real Fed PvP'rs. That is all. Thank you. And have a nice day.

Oh, and don't try to distract me with your nonesense in a match by making whiney comments. (thats both sides.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm personally not a fan of the term because when I read 'klink'...well that is only 2 letters removed from an extremely racist RL term and I would imagine that is where this term was originally coined from.

In case you don't get it...switch the first KL for CH...
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post
I'm personally not a fan of the term because when I read 'klink'...well that is only 2 letters removed from an extremely racist RL term and I would imagine that is where this term was originally coined from.

Sorry I'm not following you can I get a pie chart?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
Sorry I'm not following you can I get a pie chart?
Win

also, your avatar=awesome
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramierez View Post

Oh come on, that is absurd. I can't imagine what you must think about Tigger of WInnie the Pooh fame.

Political correctness needs to be strangled please, or hit with a tricobalt device perhaps.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-16-2010, 08:00 PM
hmmm, tigger....I c my "Klingon" tactical bouncing, as I stun hold, and vaporize Fed players left and right.

I c my "Star Fleet" Science toon bouncing, as I stasis lock, and vaporize "Klingon" players left and right.

dam I hate holds.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-17-2010, 07:12 AM
Whats up my Klinks?
LOL racial pride and prejudice over a virtual, non-existing race and how it is percieved in relation to modern civilization is going to make for an excellent Psych paper. Thanks for the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-17-2010, 04:09 PM
ur welcome dude, but u would have to expand from more then just STO, to other MMOs, because the atmosphere for racial issues is different depending on the game and players who play. There are those of course who would disagree, but utilizing racial slurrs in games toward fantasy avatars and such, well some players actually accept it, but do not condone it in the real world, yet they practice it in the fantasy world. Do players whose life is so unfullfilled, find themselves in a game which they don't want to be part of some RL drama, such as racism, and other who prefer to not to like one culture over the other, play games just play out what their bosses cannot allow.

Truly, I hate humans in general, even tho I am human, if I can be something else, I probably be it. In fact if I can destroy the world, I 'd probably do it. Now stating that, does that make me evil, madman, terrorist, what does that mean, or some derranged, poor, loser at life, that has no life goals, to make any great achievements. Maybe all the above...then again maybe not.

Maybe I'm rambling.

Although, my post count seems to be low.

we just jacked this pathetic thread of a hack.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook0024
we just jacked this pathetic thread of a hack.
Well I hate people name's which start with R!