Lt. Commander
# 1 Control group all quit
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, I have an small unimportant post to make about a project we set up at Cal Poly in California.

We put up adds for volenteers who had purchased or were planning on getting STO at launch.

We assembled 61 people, mostly trekkies, who were excited about the game, and were eager to participate.

The whole point of this was to do a paper on a new online game and the expectaions our control group had
for that game.....we were going to do Champions, but missed the launch and had to get a new group.

Anyway, the short of it is, we planned on running the group for 3 to 6 months to gather our data.....

As of this morning, I am the only one out of the group that still holds a sub here, and the reasons were not too surprising.

I wont start a flame fest with listing the reasons and getting blasted for it, I just found it interesting that out of 61 people.....all trekkies and gamers ( we did a questioneer ) have activly walked away , with only 6 willing to retun if the game gets better........

Dunno...but felt like posting it here to see what you guys felt about it. ( I have to conclude my study with something more than I quit, so I would like to include community reaction )

EDIT: I posted this herer and not gen gameplay because I really tring to avoid flame posts...and attacks, so if you respond, please keep this in mind)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Was it a "yes or no" question about being a trekkie or did you screen your samples? Did you have a non trekkie control group?Did you wash your brains before beginning stimulus experiments? How did you prevent cross contamination while subjects were out of the lab?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 10:36 AM
You come here to avoid flame posts...

So you'll get clowned instead

^o^

Honk Honk
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Was it a "yes or no" question about being a trekkie or did you screen your samples?
Something like that....we didnt think it would be STO...so we had a asked what game they were planning on playing...most were planning this one

Did you have a non trekkie control group?
No
Did you wash your brains before beginning stimulus experiments?
Dam I knew I forgot something
How did you prevent cross contamination while subjects were out of the lab?
Locked em all down, wouldnt let them escape

Not what I was looking for,,,but hey...Lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Well, I have an small uniportant post to make about a project we set up at Cal Poly in California.

We put up adds for volenteers who had purchased or were planning on getting STO at launch.

We assembled 61 people, mostly trekkies, who were excited about the game, and were eager to participate.

The whole point of this was to do a paper on a new online game and the expectaions our control group had
for that game.....we were going to do Champions, but missed the launch and had to get a new group.

Anyway, the short of it is, we planned on running the group for 3 to 6 months to gather our data.....

As of this morning, I am the only one out of the group that still holds a sub here, and the reasons were not too surprising.

I wont start a flame fest with listing the reasons and getting blasted for it, I just found it interesting that out of 61 people.....all trekkies and gamers ( we did a questioneer ) have activly walked away , with only 6 willing to retun if the game gets better........

Dunno...but felt like posting it here to see what you guys felt about it. ( I have to conclude my study with something more than I quit, so I would like to include community reaction )

EDIT: I posted this herer and not gen gameplay because I really tring to avoid flame posts...and attacks, so if you respond, please keep this in mind)

Its hard to buy into you being in college and running a test group with your spelling level being where it is.

But I can believe 61 would quit all things considered if they had to pay for it out of their own pocket per month
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Well, I have an small uniportant post to make about a project we set up at Cal Poly in California.

Proof ..........................

But i have to give you credit for the originality of your attempt
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrowz View Post
Its hard to buy into you being in college and running a test group with your spelling level being where it is.

But I can believe 61 would quit all things considered if they had to pay for it out of their own pocket per month
One in every crowd......I am not an english major, and you can stop ballbreaking.

I went back to school and we just thought this would be a fun project
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
What Chat feel... Absotutely nothing.
Why? Chat forms her own opinion about things.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
One in every crowd......I am not an english major, and you can stop ballbreaking.

I went back to school and we just thought this would be a fun project
again I say proof............
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Screenshots or it didn't happen :p