Lt. Commander
Hi, I'm colour blind, which means that when making characters I can't know for sure what colour I'm making my character's uniforms and ships. For example: I was worried for a long time that I'd made my character's uniform bright green instead of engineering gold, luckily I think It's actually right. Also there is a good chance my ship is actually purple instead of the blue I wanted.

There would be a simple solution if the Devs wouldn't mind implementing it. Add a box under the colour select one that says the name of the colour your mouse is hovering over.

Who's with me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm colour blind too, so I'll sign this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I am not colorblind, but this seem very useful for the rest of us too.

I always wanted to make sure I pick the same colors for certain uniform parts and having so many shades (and not having a tooltip to show exactly what values those are) makes it a bit difficult to match them. i go as far as to say we'd need RGB values shown, not just names.

Also, this seems like a very small fix to make many people happy so...

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Good to see people supporting this. Is posting on here the best way to get the dev's attention or is there another way to bring issues like this to their attention?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Interesting Fact.

The director for Star Trek:The Animated Series was color blind. That is why there is an abundance of pink in the colorizations. He kept his condition hidden at the time, he thought he was using Gray and no one was brave enough to question his color choices.

Maybe we can post the color palettes with descriptions of the color ranges.

Of course it would be nice, if you are using a color palette, it would tooltip a name for the color when you hovered over it a moment, or tooltip by holding down the alt key.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsume
Of course it would be nice, if you are using a color palette, it would tooltip a name for the color when you hovered over it a moment, or tooltip by holding down the alt key.
This, absolutely this. I think this would be ultimately helpful even for us non-colorblind folks. Even it it was nothing more than "green with %20 black" to indicate a darkish green instead of something like "forest green" which really means nothing to anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Not colour blind but signed. It's annoying to have to figure out which colour you gave the uniform of your last tactical BO when you get a new one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2010, 05:26 PM
/signed . I had this same problem with City of Heros. I was walking around for a year with green hair. In STO I have also had problems seeing drops during ground combat in the bases with the bright white floors.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Not colorblind but a good idea
/signed
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Once again, good to see the support for this idea! Seems like everyone thinks it would be useful so how do we get it to the Cryptic team's attention?