Lt. Commander
# 1 Announcing Lifetime Perks!
03-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Greetings Lifetime Members!
We just wanted to thank you again for purchasing a Lifetime Subscription from us. As you already know, this entitles you to play the game without paying a monthly fee. But, thatís not where it ends. Later this month, weíll be releasing special perks for you, just to show our appreciation. Hereís some of what weíre working on, exclusive to Lifetime Subscribers:

Exclusive In-Game Chat Channel:
Talk shop with other Lifetime Subscribers. Share thoughts and ideas about the game, or anything else.

Front-of-Queue Support
Waiting isnít fun, and we donít think you should have to do it. Any time the server is queued, youíll go to the front of it.

In-Game Title
Visibly show off your support.

In-Game VIP Lounge
Spend time in an exclusive area inside the game. This social area is limited to Lifetime Subscribers only.

A Unique Costume Piece
Show off that fancy new title in style.

Weíll see you in-game, and thank you again!

-The Cryptic Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2010, 08:12 PM
And what about my "I win" button, hmmmm?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 08:12 PM
I have a lifetime and I thank you for these perks, but I think the queue is a bit much. Technically I have my whole life to wait to get in. I don't feel like that perk is needed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2010, 08:15 PM
To late, you got it. If thay would of extended the price for the lifetime by 1 week, I would of gotten one, but if is the biggest word I know.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
I have a lifetime and I thank you for these perks, but I think the queue is a bit much. Technically I have my whole life to wait to get in. I don't feel like that perk is needed.
I second this. I appreciate the thought Cryptic, but those players that pay monthly or bi-annually/annually, have just as much right to get in as Lifers do. I think we can go without the head of line privledge.

If you are really listening to players, then I think you should take the queue head of line out. I'd hate to think that any of my fellow lifers would feel differently than this.

Just because we were more financially better off to do this in such a rough econmoy shouldn't allow us to be head of the line. Not everyone could afford to do this and its not fair to punish them for it. I really hope that you will reconsider this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2010, 08:18 PM
a statement and a question prefaced by a qualifier.

Qualifier: I am a lifer

Statement: That front-of-queue thing probably won't go over well and I think it might be too privileging.

Question: Do these perks apply to the pre-launch lifers Or will I be locked out of the chat channel and the lounge because I am not the right kind of lifer?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2010, 08:19 PM
So is this a Co-Faction lounge? Will I have to spend my relaxing time with a bunch of Honorless Targs?? Or will we Klingons not even have access

Thanks though, is a nice addition.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Front-of-Queue Support
Waiting isnít fun, and we donít think you should have to do it. Any time the server is queued, youíll go to the front of it.
So THAT's why I have never seen the queue that so many people complained about. I suspected something like this might be in place.

It was in place at that time, wasn't it?

Thanks for the perks! It's nice to be appreciated for taking a risk (and not cancelling just because things weren't perfect).

Please don't change a thing. Lifetime subscriptions are still available. Anyone can choose to take advantage of these value-adds.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 9
In before Day One, Slap in the Face, and Thrown Under the Bus.

While I appreciate what this gesture means, I shudder to think of the backlash that the non-lifers are about to launch...

I bought the lifetime subscription because I wanted to avoid the monthly fees. I figured I'd be around long to make it worthwhile, and I still think that way. The playable Borg was a neat perk, even if that's not my main character, and it's all the bonus I expected. Basically what I'm saying is:

Thank you, Cryptic. You shouldn't have.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraevac View Post
Just because we were more financially better off to do this in such a rough econmoy shouldn't allow us to be head of the line. Not everyone could afford to do this and its not fair to punish them for it. I really hope that you will reconsider this.
I scrimped, saved and sacrificed for mine. Not everyone who has a life sub are financially well off :p

I agree though. I think they should remove that perk.
Closed Thread