Lt. Commander
# 21
03-15-2010, 08:43 PM
I personally love this jump ahead of the queue perk. It's rare to see lifetime accounts get a benefit that's so ... real.

True, we never have to pay monthly fees, but let's face it... the time when companies need our support the most is at launch. That extra injection of money goes a long way in keeping the dev teams paid.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efaris
I personally love this jump ahead of the queue perk. It's rare to see lifetime accounts get a benefit that's so ... real.

True, we never have to pay monthly fees, but let's face it... the time when companies need our support the most is at launch. That extra injection of money goes a long way in keeping the dev teams paid.
True, and by the time we are "playing for free", they'll probably have enough servers (and enough revenue) to eliminate the need for queuing.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince081 View Post
Thank you Cryptic. You guys are great.

PS-Why do people whine so much? Cryptic tries to say 'thanks for believing in us' and they even get crap about perks. Some things I will never understand.
I agree with above.

Cryptic, thank you... it is well appreciated. all of it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-15-2010, 08:52 PM
so where are the non lifers rewards for the people who have been here since the start of the open beta and bought the game then?, or is this a sign of the way things are going, lifers get everything while non lifers get nothing?

yes i am whining and complaining but show us non lifers some love too please.

edit: while i think about it maybe you should make a lifetime subscriber only forum area where you can post things like this Phoxy so you don't annoy all the non-lifers like myself.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks Cryptic!
Now, when do we get Veteran Rewards like in COX? That would reward lifers and non-lifers alike
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfhearder1979
so where are the non lifers rewards for the people who have been here since the start of the open beta and bought the game then?, or is this a sign of the way things are going, lifers get everything while non lifers get nothing?

yes i am whining and complaining but show us non lifers some love too please.
What risk have you taken? You can stop paying at any time you don't like what you see. Many players even cancelled and refunded their subscriptions. Those of us who kept the faith are being rewarded.

Those of you who are paying for your subscription are getting a great game with frequent updates. If you don't agree with that assessment you are free to cancel your subscription. The ability to cancel is a "perk" you have over lifers.

And every time Cryptic releases new free content you are being shown love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admldep0282 View Post
i think that stuff should be given to all the people who preordered and i preordered and now i feel left out so i would like to something for all thoughs who preordered
And those who were at the start of open beta (those who preordered) got the "perk" of headstart as well as access to open beta.

-Forjo
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
i think that stuff should be given to all the people who preordered and i preordered and now i feel left out so i would like to something for all thoughs who preordered
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-15-2010, 09:02 PM
The front of the queue perk is a bit too much and unfair to others.

Disclosure: I am a lifetime subscriber.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forjo View Post
What risk have you taken? You can stop paying at any time you don't like what you see. Many players even cancelled and refunded their subscriptions. Those of us who kept the faith are being rewarded.

Those of you who are paying for your subscription are getting a great game with frequent updates. If you don't agree with that assessment you are free to cancel your subscription. The ability to cancel is a "perk" you have over lifers.

And every time Cryptic releases new free content you are being shown love.

-Forjo
it is not about taking a risk on the game, it is more about principle, while i know we will never get the same treatment as you lifers, i would like something to be shown to us for our support, after all it is also the non lifers that will keep the money flowing in after the 18-20 months that you have paid for upfront with your lifetime subs.

and the content updates are not exactly showing love are they as technically we are paying for them with our subs.

all i am asking is that maybe the non lifers could get some free things too, not on the same scale as you are getting but something that allows us to show our supprt ingame you know, like maybe some form of item or something, is that too much to ask for?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
I do disagree with making an exclusive area though. Should be open to all, or at least buyable in the C-store.

I like the idea of having a place to go and hang with other lifers. There are many who will not reveal they are lifers on the forums for fear of backlash or dismissal of opinion. I am among those who are of that type. This is only the second time I have revealed my status and probably will not for a long time, if ever again. I see it as a "safe zone" and would like to have such a place.
Closed Thread