Lt. Commander
# 441
03-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Coming from someone who is *not* a lifer;

I think these are marvelous ideas for ways to reward those who did make this purchase.....

With the exception of the queue feature.

Firstly its disturbing because supposedly new hardware was/is coming and so it ought not be enough of an issue to even warrant this as a feature.
Which would then render all of the QQ in various threads moot, as it's really a non-issue anyway, correct?
Lt. Commander
# 442
03-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draneceus
#1- A huge thank you to Cryptic. I was extremely hesitant during the head-start on investing the money for a life time sub, but I enjoyed the game so much that I made the plunge. It is obvious how diligent Cryptic is working to fix their PR issues, as well as produce a quality product with STO; it becomes more and more apparent every week that goes by.

#2- Love the perks, but I am in agreement with many of those above. If queues begin to pop up again, I can wait in line just like everyone else. That is a tad over the top, and not something I feel I'm entitled to.
Sorry, I can't help but chuckle at this one. I love the game and I love all of my fellow STO players. I'm not a lifetime subscriber, and that's by choice, but I tend to stay with my games for a long while and I expect that to be the case with STO too. I don't care about the perks, and I don't care if we monthly subs ever get any special nod either, although it's almost a sure thing that we will at some point. The vet rewards in City of Heroes were nice to have, and I imagine we'll see something like that in STO eventually.

But the one thing that Cryptic does NOT seem to have a good handle on, is "fixing their PR issues". Between Champions and STO, it seems they manage to stir things up on a regular basis. And it's precisely because of that tendency on their part that every subscriber is of critical importance to them, or should be. I don't see the log-in queue ever becoming an issue again, unless they start merging hardware or something as has been speculated. Now if THAT happens, and the non-lifers are waiting for a couple of hours a night to get in, and we start cancelling...that's when it will hurt the game. Cryptic has already gotten all the sub fees they are going to get out of the lifers. So it is in their best interest to keep all subscribers happy, and I'm confident that they will do that. So...I'm not worried. I don't give a rat's backside about special costumes or titles or any of that. I do think the in-game VIP area might be a bad idea, only because the game is already broken up into multiple small instances that are capped at 50 players. Anything that compounds that sense of fragmentation will just make it less of a true MMO than it already is.

But in the end, I just want to see the game succeed, like the rest of us. I am enjoying what's already there, and I expect many great things to come. I wouldn't be maintaining two monthly accounts if I believed otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 443
03-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
Never at any time did I specifically point you out my good person... I just said in an overarching on personal way dont chew people out for their opinions... I have seen plenty of it on this thread... if you take it personal it is your own choice... never at any time did I tell you personally what to do k thanx
then my apologies sir, my mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 444
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
My fellow lifetimers deserve praise. You are better human beings than I am. I'm not man enough to turn down a perk for fear of offending those who don't qualify for it.

I don't know why I bought the lifetime subscription. I didn't think it was a particularly good deal. I didn't want the Borg, I hated Champions so much I got a refund for my lifetime sub on that and after beta I struggled to see myself playing this game long enough for the sub to pay for itself. Nevertheless I did buy it, not expecting anything more than I got. If Cryptic now want to thank me by offering me a reward then I will take it.
Lt. Commander
# 445 its all good
03-16-2010, 05:52 PM
we should go pwn some borg sometime It is a good way to forget about forums ! XD hahaha perks bs forums good
Lt. Commander
# 446
03-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphim53 View Post
curious

I have a lifetime sub. I didn't get an e-mail. I don't have access to the nebula captains table (the code).
According to a Dev post I read elsewhere, It's been temporarily disabled.

I'm guessing there's a glitch that's being corrected, as someone mentioned it allowing anyone in, regardless of subscription status. Others had reported that some LT subscribers could not get in at all, those this may have happened after it was deactivated.
Lt. Commander
# 447
03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
we should go pwn some borg sometime It is a good way to forget about forums ! XD hahaha perks bs forums good
LOL you got that right my friend
Lt. Commander
# 448
03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit View Post
I have a lifetime and I thank you for these perks, but I think the queue is a bit much. Technically I have my whole life to wait to get in. I don't feel like that perk is needed.
Yeah I have to agree with this, if others who pay for this game need to queue up then I don't mind doing the same thing. At least give us the option of being able to choose, like with a checkmark box thingy on the log-in. Front of Queue [X] type deal
Lt. Commander
# 449
03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QE2
i dont care how any of us paid , i meet someone awesome like you then i add you to my friends list and we get on and play! thats all that matters..and actually I DO know what you mean by the special club thing...it's somethign i would detest to happen and i want no part of it but i know you asrr right and i have seen just a fewe players with that attitude...but most orf us (i hope) are not going to want to try and exlcude people it's senslesss we are here to play alongside. MMO's Are social games and i would rather be in the trenches with guys like you having some fun and some fight than i would some self entitled "git" who thought i he was special cause of the way he paid for his game LOL no no people like you for e.g. are a massive part of the reason i am here(to make friends and play games in my favourite uiniverse, thanks for at least giving me the chance.
Sweet, if that is the prevailing attitude then we have nothing to worry about for the most part. I still think lifers should get something, it was a major finacial boost that ensured cryptic could keep developing content post launch. It was a bad launch for sure but now they are taking time to address things like the Galaxy class models, could be considered a minor thing but many have a favourite ship and when they see something out of place they know about it right away.

I can see why you may have lost your temper a bit, this issue has feelings runnoing hot on both sides and I don't see why lifers should feel guilty for something cryptic did anyway. It's not like they were consulted beforehand. Hopefully they'll read over this thread and see that loyalty from all players, regardless of how they pay, is important.

With a non-elitist attitude from those fortunate enough to get a lifetime and perhaps with aforementioned "veterans perks" I think we'll all be able to be happy for each other.

I hope it pans out that way. Hope springs eternal
Lt. Commander
# 450
03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey All,

We've reviewed the concerns about the lifetime perks, and we wanted to address them.

Much like in the real world where companies will reward customers for their continued patronage, we have chosen to reward those early adopters of Star Trek Online who have shown an extreme amount of faith, and confidence in us here at Cryptic, and in the future of Star Trek Online, by doing something nice for them. It's a fairly common practice, and is meant only as a simple, "Thank you," to our lifetime subscribers. This is something extra that we decided to do, in order to say thanks. We put in the extra hours to make this happen, and we're very happy to be able to offer this special package to those who invested so much in us so early.

This doesn't affect our planned development time in any way, content will continue to roll out as planned and announced. We're working hard on our season one update, and the new Special Task Force, "The Cure" right now, which you should all be seeing in just a couple of weeks.

The special lifetime subscriber in-game chat channel is very similar to the ones that you all can create on your own, and is not meant to be a replacement to your regular zone chat channels. All of our users can create their own chat channels right now, and you can moderate those channels as you see fit. You may invite friends, or friendly guilds into a cross guild chat channel that you create, or set one up just for you and your 3 friends to use during your adventures. The Lifetime Lounge is simply a social instance where, should lifetime members wish, they can go to take a break from the rest of the universe for a short time.

Re: Spammers

If you see a spammer in-game, the best thing you can do is to report them as a spammer. This not only sends a note to us, but if enough of you report a spammer, our system will take away their communication abilities. Recently, we've made improvements to the chat system to make things more difficult for the gold spammers, and to bring false positives down significantly, and we will continue to do so.
Closed Thread