Lt. Commander
# 1 Maxed Out
03-16-2010, 01:17 AM
I have reached Admiral 5 and find i have maxed out my skill points. Is there any way to reclaim points. I have tried to decrease points on certain skills but this does not work. Any ideas guys
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Respec system is in testing on Tribble (the public test server) and is due to go live as part of Season One: Common Ground sometime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Thanx BigBadB....just read that on another Forum. Just seems stupid that you reach Admiral and can't skill up. On the other hand people might say i/we should have been more conservative on our way up. Thanx anyway
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2010, 01:32 AM
The idea which I approve of is to stop everybody maxing every skill so we would all end up exactly the same. It set like real life you learn something you can,t unlearn you have to stick with it and adapt.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2010, 06:16 AM
True Kev.....next character i create, i'll take time to choose skills more carefully
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2010, 06:53 AM
It's also worth bearing in mind that Cryptic plan to increase the level cap to Admiral-10 at some stage, at which point the skill point cap will almost certainly be increased.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadB
It's also worth bearing in mind that Cryptic plan to increase the level cap to Admiral-10 at some stage, at which point the skill point cap will almost certainly be increased.
true and there will still be people moaning about the skill cap then.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevscar View Post
true and there will still be people moaning about the skill cap then.
There will always be people moaning about the skill cap - and if they remove it entirely, there will be people who moan about that, too.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-16-2010, 02:37 PM
I think there are a lot of people that are more or less okay with a skill cap (most games have limits like that), but with a new game and not really understanding a lot of the early skills, we might have spread ourselves too think and didn't realize it until it was too late. I always figured at some point later on I would be able to rearrange things after I understood the game and my playstyle better and was surprised to learn there wasn't.

I'm glad it is getting added, though I hope it is being added in a way that doesn't trivialize the choices or system.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-16-2010, 02:43 PM
People will moan that the Ferengi ears ingame are too big too. I just ignore all that. Of my part, my first character out (and enjoying it,) I knew that I didn't know a ding dong thing, and was learning as I go. Course I quickly learned in my Engineering career, that sticking with certain skills was better for me, so I (at about halfway in my skill pool being spent,) probably am a tic lucky that I still can focus skills enough to make up for the five or less that don't really help me.

Respecing just means I get to move those few points efficiently, but I won't lose sleep yet over it. (Depending on whether this will really hurt later, when I hit the raid stuff. But that's another topic, and another 'real' worry.)

In the end, I worry that all this will do, is suddenly all go down the virtual road, of other MMOs, and their cookie cutter skill pool setup, that then all that, becomes the ONLY way to go, and lead to the elitist behavior that turns off the lay player, in favor of the hardcore that leads to incidents ingame, where PuGs become something of flame legend, and all the ill like.

I hope all of that, doesn't end up that way, and that enough leeway despite respecing, exists for multiple gaming options, for lay and hardcore alike. I hope I'm just overworrying here, but I feel it should be said.