Lt. Commander
# 1 BO Skills Not Available?
03-16-2010, 02:32 AM
Hey there! I had a noob question about my Bridge Officers skills.

LT Cmd 5 atm, and all four bridge officers on my cruiser are assigned, as well as the away team. All four consoles (2x eng, 1x science, 1x tat) are lv 4. All my BO's have 2 skills in space and ground situations.

However, the issue I have is that 3 out of the 4 have their second tier skills grayed out for space combat.

For example:

My Eng BO that has BOTH skills active
Tier 1: EP to Shields I (9 ranks)
Tier 2: Engineering Team II (3 ranks)

My Tat BO that CAN NOT use tier 2
Tier 1: Torp: High Yield I (9 ranks)
Tier 2: Torp Spread II (4 ranks) (grayed out)

Both are Lts.

Why cant I use the second tier skills??? Its the same with the other two BO's I didn't list. All have Lt rank, all are assigned, all have 9 ranks in the first tier skill, but they appear to be able to work in ground situations (which I've ignored putting skill pts into mostly).

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2010, 02:37 AM
i was wondering this last night as well the station says ensign but my BO are LT anyone help
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2010, 02:51 AM
if the station says ensign then the boff can only use one power,
if lieutenant then 2
LT commander then 3
you can promote all bridge officers to 1 rank below yours,(max commander) but then can only use the rank powers they are stationed in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie86 View Post
if the station says ensign then the boff can only use one power,
if lieutenant then 2
LT commander then 3
you can promote all bridge officers to 1 rank below yours,(max commander) but then can only use the rank powers they are stationed in.
That is why I said all four of my consoles are lv 4: that means they are all Lt stations.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Consoles are not bridge stations. Regardless of the mark on whatever consoles you choose to equip, the abilities usable by your Bridge Officers are limited by the ship itself, totally independant of equiped consoles.

You are in a Tier 2 Cruiser? By definition you will be able to use 1 Lt. Engineering ability, 2 Ensign Engineering Abilities, 1 Ensign Science ability and 1 Ensign Tactical ability (in addition to whatever captain abiliites you may have).
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2010, 06:37 AM
There's a good summarry posted here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88822

Make sure you check out the first link posted. It will show you what stations are available for each tier. For instance, when you move to a Heavy Cruiser you'll have a lvl 3 Eng Station, a lvl 2 Sci and Tac station and one lvl 1 Eng station.

It seems odd at first, but once you get used to it it starts making more sense. =)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
There's a good summarry posted here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88822

Make sure you check out the first link posted. It will show you what stations are available for each tier. For instance, when you move to a Heavy Cruiser you'll have a lvl 3 Eng Station, a lvl 2 Sci and Tac station and one lvl 1 Eng station.

It seems odd at first, but once you get used to it it starts making more sense. =)
Better to address the Bridge Stations by thier rank, rather than a nebulous "level" that is never referenced in-game. Suffice to say, at the next tier of Cruiser You will have a LtCommander Engineering Station, An Ensign Engineering station and Lt stations for Science and Tactical.

This will allow you to use the following:
1 LtComm Engineering BO ability
1Lt. Engineering BO abiltiy
2 Ensign Engineering BO abilities
1 Lt. Science BO ability
1 Ensign Science BO
1 Lt. Tactical BO ability
1 Ensign Tactical BO abiltiy

And, as always this has absolutely nothing to do with the Mark # of the Consoles you choose to equip
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshay View Post
Better to address the Bridge Stations by thier rank, rather than a nebulous "level" that is never referenced in-game. Suffice to say, at the next tier of Cruiser You will have a LtCommander Engineering Station, An Ensign Engineering station and Lt stations for Science and Tactical.

This will allow you to use the following:
1 LtComm Engineering BO ability
1Lt. Engineering BO abiltiy
2 Ensign Engineering BO abilities
1 Lt. Science BO ability
1 Ensign Science BO
1 Lt. Tactical BO ability
1 Ensign Tactical BO abiltiy

And, as always this has absolutely nothing to do with the Mark # of the Consoles you choose to equip
Half of the game mechanics aren't referenced in game. I was simply looking for a way to explain it in generic terms that anyone should be able to understand.

But yes, technically, the stations are ranked, not levelled. =)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
Half of the game mechanics aren't referenced in game. I was simply looking for a way to explain it in generic terms that anyone should be able to understand.

But yes, technically, the stations are ranked, not levelled. =)
Half? That's being a bit generous, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Half? That's being a bit generous, isn't it?
lol...What can I say? I'm a generous guy. ,-)