Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collision View Post
Last night, my Fleet ran through this, and we were getting stuck behind the shield even before we got it down. Somehow, one of our members plus a Borg were inside the shield before the rest of us even got on the platform to shut it down. We had to pull over a forth person just to get them out of the shield. That's a pretty serious bug if you ask me.
Oh agreed. However, if it's the center shield you're stuck behind, that's actually a bonus. Just have the rest of your guys run to the door and have the stuck guy destroy the shield generator from within. I do that when I'm lucky enough to be stuck in there Eliminates all that pesky jumping
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallen View Post
Oh agreed. However, if it's the center shield you're stuck behind, that's actually a bonus. Just have the rest of your guys run to the door and have the stuck guy destroy the shield generator from within. I do that when I'm lucky enough to be stuck in there Eliminates all that pesky jumping
No, this was one of the four outside shields. Our plan was to have two stay in the middle and draw aggro while the other three ran around and took down the shields. Didn't exactly work according to plan, because at least one of us always got stuck behind the damn shield.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
LOL, I could *SO* solo this instance with my BOffs, which is sad when my 'tarded AI BOffs are better than a PuG
It's things like this that make me miss the wonderful WoW feature where a group leader could assign icons to targets and communicate to people who should do what to which icon-marked target... and I hate WoW, by the way.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
No, this was one of the four outside shields. Our plan was to have two stay in the middle and draw aggro while the other three ran around and took down the shields. Didn't exactly work according to plan, because at least one of us always got stuck behind the damn shield.
I do Infected 2-3 times a day and I've never seen this. I guess, if it happened to us, we'd go back and let him out? Or can you not bring the shield down?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
I do Infected 2-3 times a day and I've never seen this. I guess, if it happened to us, we'd go back and let him out? Or can you not bring the shield down?
Once the virus is uploaded, there is no getting the shield down again until the whole thing resets after five minutes. You're basically screwed.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2010, 09:31 AM
I don't see the reason for the shield going back up in the first place. Once it's down, it should stay down, even after the virus is uploaded.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Once the virus is uploaded, there is no getting the shield down again until the whole thing resets after five minutes. You're basically screwed.
What you like is simple tactical mechanics, which we all do. I don't know if you remember, but wow didn't ship with that feature, back in the "old days", we had to do it the hard way, naming things "the lava giant on the left" and pray they didn't cross up on the pull.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
What you like is simple tactical mechanics, which we all do. I don't know if you remember, but wow didn't ship with that feature, back in the "old days", we had to do it the hard way, naming things "the lava giant on the left" and pray they didn't cross up on the pull.
Never played WoW. I'm an adult, not a 13-year-old.

I fail to see how "tactical mechanics" is going to solve an issue of a bugged shield.

You're telling me you do this two or three times a day, and you never have anyone get stuck behind any of those outside shields?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Never played WoW. I'm an adult, not a 13-year-old.

I fail to see how "tactical mechanics" is going to solve an issue of a bugged shield.

You're telling me you do this two or three times a day, and you never have anyone get stuck behind any of those outside shields?
Ignoring the unnecessary insult, yes I'm saying I do this 2-3 times a day, since Infected has come out, and I've never seen anyone trapped inside one of the outside shields.

Now, I've been pushed through the door shield during the queen fight and been trapped outside (which worked to my advantage because she kept hitting me and no one else, allowing us to defeat her), and I've been trapped inside the center shield (again, to our advantage) by rolling into it or hugging it when if flickered down because we took too long on the outside ones.

Please understand, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, nor am I saying that, because I've not seen it it must not be happening. I've seen enough weird bugs in Cryptic games to know anything is possible I'm just saying I've been lucky, I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Ugh... I think somehow you quoted someone else instead of me. Anyway, yes, I know what you mean and that's how I've been used to playing City of Heroes across several max-level characters. I haven't played WoW before this mechanism was introduced, but essentially, in a game where most people don't even use local-chat, it sometimes feels too much to expect them to use team-chat, you know?

Also, I'm not one of those people who'd bother with VoIP (i.e. Vent, TS and other solutions) to ensure a tactical advantage for my group, but for crying out loud, the one and only group I've been in that went through Infected wasn't well organized, mostly because people didn't listen and the "Commander" wasn't properly using tactics or strategy.