Lt. Commander
# 1 Torpedo misfires?
03-14-2010, 01:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone has found a work-around for torpedo misfires. With the agonizingly long cooldowns it is a real pain when you get the target lined up, fire....and nothing happens until you realize that you haven't fired...by which time the target is already out of your arc.

I have also had this happen with High Yield. High Yield, fire...nothing fires. Sometimes nothing fires AND torpedoesgo to cooldown. Or sometimes HY only fires one and then goes on cooldown...even when the enemy is still within the firing arc/range. I even went back on the combat log...nope...nothing.

I used to just ride with beams and kept hoping for torps to get fixed...but beam spam gets old after a while.

Anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2010, 03:00 PM
i can only say that i have seen torps not finring when i activate the torp the second my target moves out of my arc. same goes for HYT, i fire the torp only one fires before the target gets out of my arc, and the other two are wasted. it feels a bit meh, but on the other hand i feel like if i were a better pilot he would have stayed in my firing arc and it would have fired.

in general i can not say that torps do not get launched when they realy realy should have. so ive not encountered your problem, i think.

are u sure u were in line with the Z-axis?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2010, 11:45 AM
I think I may have noticed the same issue.

It happened when I had 1 quantum and 1 photon on the front.

If I pressed Ctrl Space, the photon always fired first, regardless of placement on the paper doll or in the hotbar.

And then I discovered that attempting to use HY or Spread was causing both torps to go into cooldown, but nothing fired.

However, the problem was easily remedied when I dropped the photon and fit a 2nd quantum instead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll admit I've had this same problem but only from hitting the keys on the keyboard by holding ctrl+Space or 2 key but have not had the issue if I have the mouse pointer on the torps themselves and use it manually. I'm almost tempted to get a touch screen monitor for this just for the hell of it. :p

I would much rather use the keyboard but I have less issues if I hit with the mouse cursor instead.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Only ever used mouse never had a miss fire unless the cooldown bar had not completly vaished.