Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2010, 02:53 PM
What is the logic or story behind the Klingons attacking the Gorn Fleet in the Gorn Minefield mission? They are generally on the same side.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Nifty... would be kinda neat if our BOs were voiced, but then again, theyd get boring too if they were always teh same, no matter if you had male or female BOs.
Maybe/maybe not. In games like Starcraft or instance hearing the same old three lines from your marines doesn't really get that old surprisingly. And honestly I don't know why it doesn't.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
What is the logic or story behind the Klingons attacking the Gorn Fleet in the Gorn Minefield mission? They are generally on the same side.
LMAO dont.... dont go there!!! I have been thinking the same thing but let cryptic add the content. At the moment my stance is any content is a bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
While watching this I thought "how cool would it be if the Breaking the Planet fleet action also had a PvP variation where both sides had to achieve counter objectives!". I then thought the same for the DS9 FA when the Cardies are released as a faction...
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Nifty... would be kinda neat if our BOs were voiced, but then again, theyd get boring too if they were always teh same, no matter if you had male or female BOs.
At one point there WERE options for various voices, similar to the stances. They were removed before launch. Occasionally, when the Tailor spits out those red error messages at the top of the screen, you'll see a reference to a particular 'voice' not being available for that race.

Perhaps they'll be added back in at a future date.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
Maybe/maybe not. In games like Starcraft or instance hearing the same old three lines from your marines doesn't really get that old surprisingly. And honestly I don't know why it doesn't.
LOL funny you should mention that. I used to have the 'comlink online' line from one of the Terran units set up as my 'new mail' announcement. Been too long since I played SC, all I remember is that it was the Mech looking unit we used to have.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnDog View Post
LMAO dont.... dont go there!!! I have been thinking the same thing but let cryptic add the content. At the moment my stance is any content is a bonus.
LOL while I don't disagree.. I like my content to make some form of sense.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Good point! I guess that what happens when you just copy stuff from the feds to the klingons the story kinda goes out the window

Here hoping it wont be more than a couple of months before Cryptic makes good on it promise to make some "original" klingon content. Calling this "new" stuff for the klingons is a bit too much tbh...
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Like perhaps some Borg attachments for Players/BO that DON'T look like someone welded a VW to our face?

I'd like to see some lower profile pieces, as well as some better looking ones than we have now, like the facial 'laser sight', etc.. The current Borg implants, with the exception of the small one available to the BO, are fugly.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:

You are defeating the federation ships attempting to clear the mine field. It was rewritten for the Klingon side.