Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-16-2010, 02:53 PM
What is the logic or story behind the Klingons attacking the Gorn Fleet in the Gorn Minefield mission? They are generally on the same side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Nifty... would be kinda neat if our BOs were voiced, but then again, theyd get boring too if they were always teh same, no matter if you had male or female BOs.
Maybe/maybe not. In games like Starcraft or instance hearing the same old three lines from your marines doesn't really get that old surprisingly. And honestly I don't know why it doesn't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
What is the logic or story behind the Klingons attacking the Gorn Fleet in the Gorn Minefield mission? They are generally on the same side.
LMAO dont.... dont go there!!! I have been thinking the same thing but let cryptic add the content. At the moment my stance is any content is a bonus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
While watching this I thought "how cool would it be if the Breaking the Planet fleet action also had a PvP variation where both sides had to achieve counter objectives!". I then thought the same for the DS9 FA when the Cardies are released as a faction...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Nifty... would be kinda neat if our BOs were voiced, but then again, theyd get boring too if they were always teh same, no matter if you had male or female BOs.
At one point there WERE options for various voices, similar to the stances. They were removed before launch. Occasionally, when the Tailor spits out those red error messages at the top of the screen, you'll see a reference to a particular 'voice' not being available for that race.

Perhaps they'll be added back in at a future date.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
Maybe/maybe not. In games like Starcraft or instance hearing the same old three lines from your marines doesn't really get that old surprisingly. And honestly I don't know why it doesn't.
LOL funny you should mention that. I used to have the 'comlink online' line from one of the Terran units set up as my 'new mail' announcement. Been too long since I played SC, all I remember is that it was the Mech looking unit we used to have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnDog View Post
LMAO dont.... dont go there!!! I have been thinking the same thing but let cryptic add the content. At the moment my stance is any content is a bonus.
LOL while I don't disagree.. I like my content to make some form of sense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-16-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
What is the logic or story behind the Klingons attacking the Gorn Fleet in the Gorn Minefield mission? They are generally on the same side.
Good point! I guess that what happens when you just copy stuff from the feds to the klingons the story kinda goes out the window

Here hoping it wont be more than a couple of months before Cryptic makes good on it promise to make some "original" klingon content. Calling this "new" stuff for the klingons is a bit too much tbh...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
LOL while I don't disagree.. I like my content to make some form of sense.
Like perhaps some Borg attachments for Players/BO that DON'T look like someone welded a VW to our face?

I'd like to see some lower profile pieces, as well as some better looking ones than we have now, like the facial 'laser sight', etc.. The current Borg implants, with the exception of the small one available to the BO, are fugly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
LOL while I don't disagree.. I like my content to make some form of sense.

You are defeating the federation ships attempting to clear the mine field. It was rewritten for the Klingon side.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18 AM.