Lt. Commander
# 31
03-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
I too wish I could afford LASIK....

I dislike wearing glasses....especially with my kids always messing with me and putting their damn fingerprints all over them.

I cannot wear contacts....I have a proximity issue with my eyes...I have trouble even putting eye drops in. I just can't stand to have anything that close to my eye....I'd never be able to put them in.

Having my eyes taped wide open and having a big laser pointed right at my eyes is a little disconcerting for me....because I have to be awake during the entire procedure from what I understand....I would highly recommend that they strap my ass down.....heheh
They do that anyways, that way if your brain catches fire, they don't have to chase you with the fire extinguisher. I believe that rarely happens anymore buuut, safety first
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
They do that anyways, that way if your brain catches fire, they don't have to chase you with the fire extinguisher. I believe that rarely happens anymore buuut, safety first
That would be so funny to see....

Guy running around screaming...flames shooting out his ears and eyes.....
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Just thought i would pop back into this thread to remind the 4 eyes that god loves me enough to give me eyes that work fine.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
That would be so funny to see....

Guy running around screaming...flames shooting out his ears and eyes.....
don't forget the techs running after with fire extinguishers. the picture just isn't complete without it
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
<---- Wears contacts, doesn't trust laser tech just yet.

Glasses are alright, cumbersome but alright.

Vission is 60/70, if we close one eye green can been seen better, the other eye red can be seen better.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-17-2010, 10:45 PM
20/200 - Thanks to a couple of stacked debuffs on my left eye, I'm legally blind in it.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-18-2010, 12:55 AM
<---- This guy had LASIK back in July, and it's been the best decision I've ever made. And I'm one of those people that won't let anything remotely near my eyes. However, when I did it, they allowed me to take a Valium and they had two or three techs in there just talking to me, keeping my mind off of the actual procedure. The people that did my eyes were just awesome, I can't say enough about them.

The recovery is kind of rough, but again, it's worth what you'll get from it. In fact it's so good, I'm scared I'll wake up one day and my eyes will be back to how they were before....

>.>

<.<
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
I'm not too worried about my brain catching fire since by now they've probably got automated extinguishers ready to put patients' brains out.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I couldnt do LASIK... I doubt I could stand still an let something touch my eye O.o
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-18-2010, 10:04 AM
I wear contacts throughout the day, switch to glasses when I'm in for the night. There are definite drawbacks-- but apprently my geeky girl black frames are a hit with most people. I should see if I can find a photo. LOL