Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hey everyone - does anyone else have this problem: my engineering Boff has the "medical generator" skill (level 2, I believe), and he keeps making one even when it's not needed! All the time! It's nice in a firefight but it gets a bit annoying when I'm trying to go someplace, and he's off 100 meters away somewhere, makin' the medical generator.

It's made me facepalm a few times. Anyone else have this bug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Yes my main engineering boff that I like to use does this. For now I've switched him out for another engineering boff.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the response! I wonder if this is a widespread problem. I think I will submit an in-game ticket for it.

Devs? Is this a bug or how "medical generator" is supposed to work? Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2010, 09:44 AM
It's not a bug per say. You can set your Engineer BO to "Passive Mode" while on away missions. This will prevent them from stopping every few seconds to drop Phaser Turretts, Cover Shields etc. It will not prevent them from dropping the Medical Generators though. If you read the text for "Passive Mode" it says that it stops them from attacking, but they will still heal/buff. Since Medical Generator is a heal, they'll keep doing it.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm to the point with my Engineer BO that I think I will have to suspend his Away Team priveleges.