Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Good Afternoon,

I logged onto STO this morning having made no alterations to my game nor PC since playing the game perfectly and without error yesterday. However upon log in I found that I couldn't talk nor see any form of chat channels. I tested this in combat and get the NPC/ combat messages, however beyond that absolutely nothing else is visible. Assuming it was purely a chat error I went to reset it, however the reset command does nothing what so ever. I sought out a chat file in the STO folder to remove but my limited knowledge of game workings couldn't find one. As obviously I can't tell if a GM is speaking to me I thought it best to post the topic here.

Having done further investigation it seems I can do combat fine, and the server accepts that I am there. However my friends list does not load nor does the search function bring up anything, making me wonder if it's a connection issue. I can see other players within sector space, however when I search them it comes up with the "no player found" message. Things I can tried include the classic log off log on, restarting game, and restarting my routers connection, but no avail.

Looking forward to a solution.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 05:37 AM
And... having just posted this it seems there is a chat maintenance, at least I get the message "global chat server down" when I attempt to type now. Will leave this topic up however for anyone experiecing similar issues and who has not seen the message yet.