Lt. Commander
# 131
01-27-2009, 01:25 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Good to know the Klingons managed to update their ship designs...hell they've been using Birds of Prey since what, Star Trek III?
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-27-2009, 01:36 PM
i really liked the pics the planets everything looked really good

only thing i could think of too nitpick was when i saw the miranda the image of a shopping cart wheel poped in my head .....thats not a bad thing just saying
Lt. Commander
# 134
01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm starting to think that their in-game excuse for all these customized ships is that each one is an NX experimental class or something. The first ship they "unveiled" was obviously barely different from a Sovereign class and this ship looks so much like a Miranda even the person at MMORPG.com responsible for captions named it that...

EDIT first thing that came to my mind upon seeing that miranda picture was "Charlie! You hit the wrong button and blew up half the planet you dolt! I'm demoting you to Petty Officer in charge of toilet cleaning!"
Lt. Commander
# 135
01-27-2009, 01:38 PM
The environment looks great, but there's something about the ships I can't put my finger on. For some reason they don't seem star trekish...

Maybe too colorful? I have no idea. =)
Lt. Commander
# 136
01-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Wasps View Post
In a game like STO,I hope to see a lot of different ship models,and a great variety of different classes.
But the trade-off is that not all of these ships are going to look as nice or has detailed as others.
I think the game looks great so far,and maybe your expectations from the graphics are just a bit too high?
if a 5 + year old game like EvE Online can have a dx9 and dx10 game engine with amazing space ships, models, textures, lighting, etc and etc, I dont feel with an IP worth billons of dollars like Star Trek, there is any unrealistic expectation that the ships, and space should be the new definition of excellence.
Lt. Commander
# 137
Quote:
I'm starting to think that their in-game excuse for all these customized ships is that each one is an NX experimental class or something. The first ship they "unveiled" was obviously barely different from a Sovereign class and this ship looks so much like a Miranda even the person at MMORPG.com responsible for captions named it that...
Thats a bit harsh don't you think?
The NX-910001 is a variant of the Sovereign-class from what we can tell.

And we've scene a regular Miranda-class in STO,its likely a refit version will also be playable.Thus what we saw was that refit
Lt. Commander
# 138
Those look more hand concept art instead of actual ingame screenshots. Nice interesting Klingon ship though, but I would have never guessed the starfleet ship was a Miranda class. Still non the less its still something new I look even more forward to it each day.
Lt. Commander
# 139
01-27-2009, 01:42 PM
If you have not seen this. Is this what you folks are looking for with regards to graphics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4y2T0-skM

Nexus2 tech demo.

---

This is the old Nexus engine running a Trek mod.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubneOmu_HcE
Lt. Commander
# 140
01-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
These are images that would make many a fantasy or sci-fi artist famous as prints.
That's why I thought they were concepts, those pics wouldn't look out of place on someone's wall.

I'll be keeping my (new) opinion on the graphics to myself until I see more, but even then, I might not say anything. :p