Quote:
Originally Posted by filip1902 View Post
WOW, that is very curious...
Lt. Commander
# 202
01-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahakra View Post
That is just beautiful. Did anyone else notice how one of the "energy beams" actually curved its path as the, presumably, emitter altered its position? thats the kind of attention to detail I expect from STO, yep I said it I have expectations here :p

- Dahakra
I think that was a movie clip, NOT live action gameplay. and yes, that looked like battlestar galactica! All movie clips look better then the game play.
Lt. Commander
# 203
01-28-2009, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Sure. You say copy and paste, but I'm not so sure. Yes, at first it looks that way, but look again. The sharp eye that caught it (instead of overlooking it, like most) is overlooking something else: the exhaust trails don't actually really match up. Look at the angle of where they cut off and should be coming out of the engines. If you overlayed them on each other, they wouldn't line up right. Not to mention the right exhaust trail has a more substantial bright base closer to the hull than the left trail does. I think it's likely that they just had a little graphics error that wasn't caught before they released the screenies. The mind sees what it wants to see, and since no one noticed this up until 20 pages on this thread, I'm not surprised Cryptic didn't catch it either. Remember what stage of development the game is in. There's bound to be a few quirks they're still working out. Minor graphical details are definitely one of them, and not something that could derail the game or anything like that.
Lt. Commander
# 204
01-28-2009, 05:43 AM
actually I mentioned it before on 13 page You are probably right, saying its graphic bug, but serious one if this is truly screenshot from the game, so cryptic I suggest U look into this problem
Lt. Commander
They look good, looks like you're adding different parts to already created ships that would most likely be decommissioned and put inside a museum, save the Klingon ship, they would improve upon ones already built; like the Birds of Prey-classes and the D-7 classes. The new Miranda-class looks interesting, how is the armaments going to be this new design and that includes the Klingon ship as well?
Lt. Commander
# 206
01-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Holy crap, I thought those were concepts too yesterday.

*Faint*
Lt. Commander
# 207
01-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Well, it looks like there's some big ugly red printing and a couple of big ugly red circles been added to a wicked cool screenshot. I'm not sure what else to say.
Lt. Commander
# 208
01-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Two new screen shots look really cool i got to say.
Keep them coming.
Hopefully with Comic Con around the corner we might get some more info screen shots, maybe more in game footage.
Lt. Commander
# 209
01-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Kennedy
the inner ship pics were beautiful!! we have nothing to fear
I only meant that overall I'd give 9/10 to STO at the moment for graphics. Ships look good, its the terrain that could use a little more detail especially solid objects like crystals and metal structures and windows (i.e. screen shot with a female Trill). Also some more detail to uniforms wouldn't hurt. But overall I am a happy camper. Can't wait to get my hands on the game.

P.S. I played the first Jupiter incident game and I rarely even zoomed in to look at details of the ships. I mean you do it in the beginning but then you are just consumed by the strategy and the storyline of the game. However I guess it may be important for some people to look at every single detail on their ships before they go into battle.
Lt. Commander
# 210 First Klingon ship
01-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Kennedy
I'm just glad they finally showed a Klingon ship. I was getting sick of everybody asking about them.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?!?!?!?!?!
NOOOOOOOOO!!!:p