Lt. Commander
# 61
01-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Wasps View Post
Do you mean the design is the same(and unchanged) as the class from Enterprise?

(well,Klingons do have a habit of having long design-use...)
As far as I can see... yes it is the same design, just look at those braces going from the nacelle to the top thingy at the same place as of the Raptor ones in ENT...
And yes... we know that Klingons tend to overuse designs so it is not surprising to me that a ship like the Raptor is used in 2409 as like the D7/K't'inga before...
Just compare the screen with this: http://www.shipschematics.net/startr...out_raptor.jpg

There are just some minor changes (like and extra Hullplate here and there and something like that) but still it is the same design...
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystica Shadowheart
On a better look tho the Red exhaust of the Klingon Ship is badly wrong (look at the angle on the hull).

So if it is ingame....it is retouched. So now i can't tell how much of it was tempred with
Or it could just be a glitch or a game flaw?
its common even for released games to have similar flaws,let alone games in production.

Don't let a little error like that ruin the rest of a great shot
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelorKiith View Post
As far as I can see... yes it is the same design, just look at those braces going from the nacelle to the top thingy at the same place as of the Raptor ones in ENT...
And yes... we know that Klingons tend to overuse designs so it is not surprising to me that a ship like the Raptor is used in 2409 as like the D7/K't'inga before...
Just compare the screen with this: http://www.shipschematics.net/startr...out_raptor.jpg

There are just some minor changes (like and extra Hullplate here and there and something like that) but still it is the same design...
Te they look almost identical....still its a great looking ship.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnattyd View Post
Anyone else notice that the miranda has the same registry number as the sovvie refit?

Yes I did, and I have to now wonder if a Ships Registry is linked to the person who creates the ship and is carried from one ship to another when that person receives access to a new Starship class, Or if the starship customization is so robust that it actually allows you to choose new Superstructures and variant accessories to the degree that you could effective transition between them. essentially what I am saying is that the user of STO who owns the NX 910001 Registry did away with the Sovie appearing ship and created a new ship that is based on the Miranda Class.
Lt. Commander
# 65
01-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Wasps View Post
Or it could just be a glitch or a game flaw?
its common even for released games to have similar flaws,let alone games in production.

Don't let a little error like that ruin the rest of a great shot
Right....I will go with your suggestion
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
one word.. Wow
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-27-2009, 11:11 AM
People, when looking at the screenshots over there, don't forget to "hype" the game if you can. You need to be registered and have made a couple of posts before you can, but let's get STO up near the top of the most anticipated games list!
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdnova View Post
Yes I did, and I have to now wonder if a Ships Registry is linked to the person who creates the ship and is carried from one ship to another when that person receives access to a new Starship class, Or if the starship customization is so robust that it actually allows you to choose new Superstructures and variant accessories to the degree that you could effective transition between them. essentially what I am saying is that the user of STO who owns the NX 910001 Registry did away with the Sovie appearing ship and created a new ship that is based on the Miranda Class.
91001 is the zip code for Altadena, California. I would guess that someone on the art team is from Altadena.
Lt. Commander
# 69
01-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOZone View Post
91001 is the zip code for Altadena, California. I would guess that someone on the art team is from Altadena.
Ahh, so maybe the screenshot of the nx-91001 and all the info about it was meant as a history of the refit as would be written by a gamer and not as an entirely new ship. Sort of how you would write up a character bio for your avatar
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOZone View Post
Hey STOZone long time no see... to add to your comment, yes Altadena is the Zip code however as STO is also suspected to be based around 2409 is it a coincidence that the stardate of 91001 is 2414