Lt. Commander
# 1 New Bridge officers skills!
03-17-2010, 10:02 AM
These are just ideas, but considering expansions are bound to happen, I wouldn't mind suggesting a few.

I came up with 3 new abilities, one for each Officer type with Version 1 starting at Lieutenant rank.

Tactical:
Weapon Discharge: Increase Weapon power levels by 100 even above level cap for a few/several seconds. After effects, weapons are disabled for a few seconds for the player who used the ability.

Engineer:
Impulse Overload: Creates unwanted exhaust and serious hull damage to any ship located within 1km of aft position. Player who uses this ability will have reduce speed for a few/several seconds and experience mediocre hull damage. Shields can not protect either players.

Science:
Science Experiment: Ability can be used on ally ships. For several seconds, makes the next abilities used only slightly more effective(1% to 10%) and reduces the effect of debuffs and shutdowns by 25%. Ability is stackable with diminishing returns.

So let me know what you guys think.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 04:10 AM
^Bumping for some feedback
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2010, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Robinson
Science:
Science Experiment: Ability can be used on ally ships. For several seconds, makes the next abilities used only slightly more effective(1% to 10%) and reduces the effect of debuffs and shutdowns by 25%. Ability is stackable with diminishing returns.
Since I have a Science guy, I like the Science one, but making anything stacking is dangerous and could introduce imbalances in PvP.

Also, not all Science Experiments end well.
Remember Wesley's experiment that imprisoned Bevs into an ever shrinking warp bubble?
Maybe this skill should have such possible negative effects too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I agree that we need more BO abilities.

That said the only valuable suggestion you make is the eng ability, atm there is not much reason to skill into engine skills, something like the eng ability you describe would be interesting.

As for your other ideas, Beam overload already exists, it completely drains your weapon energy and disables that weapon subsystem but does massive dmg. And Im not really sure what your science ability would do... but you can use abilities on other players.