Lt. Commander
# 1 Healthcare Reform
03-21-2010, 09:33 PM
I know this isn't the place to put this, but I have no idea where it can go. The House of Representitives passed the Healthcare Reform bill which is a load of crap. Now, let me speak a little bit on this issue.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. —Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain [George III] is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Now, the above quoted in red comes from the Decleration of Independence. This shall indeed state that this is what is on the horizon. The people of the states have told there representitives that they do NOT want this to pass, democrats included. Their representitives stated its for there better. There representitives have indeed went against the wishes of the people therefor this indeed would dictate that the legislative branch of the united states has become destructive of its own ends and should be removed. Thoughts?

Note to GM: I know this has probably violated the Rules of the Forums and I am willing to accept an infraction for such violation. I wanted to get this off my chest.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2010, 09:43 PM
First of all I am grumpy at you for disheartening my lovely forum sanctuary with congressional crap. No offense to you at all.

Second, you may have just initiated a flame fest (lol)

Third, elected officials don't care what people think. They've got the power, and they can continually count on people to be uninformed and generally naive about the inner workings of the U.S. As of now it appears the Democrats desperately want to avoid another health care failure, and Obama (who seems to want to define himself on this) will continually try to use his majority to push it through without the proper debate or consideration.

Oddly enough...it's rather similar to Cryptic rushing this game out.:p
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2010, 09:47 PM
First: Politics
Second: copy&paste of Declaration of Independence is retarded in this case
Third: The bill wasn't passed, and I don't even follow the news and I know that.
Forth: Do you really know the will of the people, did you read minds of all 300 million people.
Five: Did I mention politics sucks?

edit: i guess they passed, because i dont watch news i didnt know :/
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrTuvok
The people of the states have told there representitives that they do NOT want this to pass, democrats included. Their representitives stated its for there better. There representitives have indeed went against the wishes of the people therefor this indeed would dictate that the legislative branch of the united states has become destructive of its own ends and should be removed. Thoughts?
hmmm not to burst your bubble but most polls show a range of 60 to 40 percent of for and against it
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
First of all I am grumpy at you for disheartening my lovely forum sanctuary with congressional crap. No offense to you at all.

Second, you may have just initiated a flame fest (lol)

Third, elected officials don't care what people think. They've got the power, and they can continually count on people to be uninformed and generally naive about the inner workings of the U.S. As of now it appears the Democrats desperately want to avoid another health care failure, and Obama (who seems to want to define himself on this) will continually try to use his majority to push it through without the proper debate or consideration.

Oddly enough...it's rather similar to Cryptic rushing this game out.:p
First let me say that I am sorry for dishearting your sanctuary. I will give you 10 credits in game as a make up for it.

Second, I dont want this to be a flame fest, I want it to be civilized.

Thridly, Elected officials are to derive there power from the people. They NEED to think about what they do and how they do it. I am not a republican by any means. (Liberterian) but at the same time. This has went against the wishes of the people.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadoka
hmmm not to burst your bubble but most polls show a range of 60 to 40 percent of for and against it
Care to show your polls?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
First let me say that I am sorry for dishearting your sanctuary. I will give you 10 credits in game as a make up for it.

Second, I dont want this to be a flame fest, I want it to be civilized.

Thridly, Elected officials are to derive there power from the people. They NEED to think about what they do and how they do it. I am not a republican by any means. (Liberterian) but at the same time. This has went against the wishes of the people.
Cannot be civilized, since you already made many mistakes in your original post. Educate yourself first, speak second. And this is will be flame fest.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos22
First: Politics
Second: copy&paste of Declaration of Independence is retarded in this case
Third: The bill wasn't passed, and I don't even follow the news and I know that.
Forth: Do you really know the will of the people, did you read minds of all 300 million people.
Five: Did I mention politics sucks?
Wasn't passed? The house just passed it. The senate already has enough to pass it and made it quite clear it will pass that house as well.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos22
Cannot be civilized, since you already made many mistakes in your original post. Educate yourself first, speak second. And this is will be flame fest.
Elaborate on the educate part
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Wasn't passed? The house just passed it. The senate already has enough to pass it and made it quite clear it will pass that house as well.
It won't go through Senate. I don't remember the ratio of Dem:Rep, but not enough votes there.
Closed Thread