Lt. Commander
# 41
03-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I think it is common consensus that more information was needed and this was probably not the best place to make the post but is all the satire and blatant trolling needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
your trying hard to sound real smart (I appreciate the effort) but your blowing a game forum way way out of proportion relating to the things your trying to point out , if that makes any sense?
I am not sure what you are hoping to gain by continually addressing me.
My point still stands, the 4chan anonymous attitude is quite frankly ruining the internet which has enough problems. You do not build a strong friendly community on satire and racism etc. I do not know how or why it worked so well for the one website but I have not seen it work well anywhere else.
It is true that I hate klingons with a fervent passion but I stay away from their sub-community.

I like this game even tho it has flaws and I hope they hammer it out into a better game. So I want a nice friendly community driven forum, not another *chan.
And maybe I do exaggerate a bit but who doesn't?

This person said they did not quit altho apparently 60? of his peers did, so why drive him away?
Well whatever have fun everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Yeah it had nothing to do with this game in particular...just a f___ing assignment I thought would be fun... Should have really known better than to post it

I will state now for the record, it was in NO WAY an attempt to insult the community or the game, I was surprised they all quit, thought I would post it here, get some reaction and put it in my conclution...but w/e

EDIT: sure Ill cotinue to get ripped for spelling...or God knows what ....so doubt Ill even read it
Your in college, you are writing a research paper, and you don't expect to get ripped by the review committee for spelling, syntax and other errors on a report you write?

You need to grow thicker skin and improve your writing skills, the worst we can do is ridicule you and demand proof. The review committee can prevent you attaining a degree.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-17-2010, 03:52 PM
If you started a control group of 60 people to see if the game met expectations, and you're the only one left standing....then the results of your control group seem to be a pretty resounding "No, the game did not meet with expectations."
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDisplayName54667
If you started a control group of 60 people to see if the game met expectations, and you're the only one left standing....then the results of your control group seem to be a pretty resounding "No, the game did not meet with expectations."

Or they all could have been cash strapped college students who lacked the resources to continue or maintain a sub or simply decided they woulde rather party.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post

Or they all could have been cash strapped college students who lacked the resources to continue or maintain a sub or simply decided they woulde rather party.
Don't freshmen lease themselves out to upper class science students for pocket money any more? Wat has the world come to? Where will my kids get their lab rats? Freshman population control????
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDisplayName54667
An invalid scientific conclusion I'm afraid. We can't make this assumption without more data that doesn't seem to have been collected. For instance, since the study group (it appears there was no control group) bought their own clients and subscriptions there was no valid way for the author of the study to verify the group members had quit the game. They may have liked the game, but hated the group and just told the other members they were cancelling their subscriptions when in fact they were only exiting the study.

There is definitely a lack of data here.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I know about 20 who no longer play however they are all ready to come back when the game improves. We could see an influx of players once there is enough content.

I also just make a new account and there were 2 new players in the tutorial with me. Not restarts totally new players.

I cancelled my sub, won't pay next month but I am hoping the game goes where we predict because its going to be amazing. Thats despite how angry I am at how cryptic deal with a lot of stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenlight View Post

I am not sure what you are hoping to gain by continually addressing me.

very simple, I had no idea what you said in your first post it was more like rabbling for rambling sake , and I thing your taken everything that has been said out of context , like most people do when they look for racism etc in everything and find it everywhere , thats why m8,

have a good day , or in your case a very mad day .
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Don't freshmen lease themselves out to upper class science students for pocket money any more? Wat has the world come to? Where will my kids get their lab rats? Freshman population control????
Try MadSciRats.org. Its where I get all my ...subjects...top quality for all needs...its where I got my last 6 wives too!

Maybe with the seventh the brainwave modulator field will stabilise enough to get past the honeymoon.

:p MEEP!MEEP!
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
The whole point of this was to do a paper on a new online game and the expectaions our control group had
for that game....
Isn't the purpose of a control group to determine the effect of a single variable of interest? Was this your variable of interest, OP? If expectations are your variable wouldn't it make more sense to separate people into two groups like Gash-jackel said: Trekkies vs Trekkies&non-Trekkies? Also, of the 60 who quit, how many plan on re-subscribing? Did they quit for good or is it a hiatus (and if so, did any of them buy a lifetime account)? If you had a test group what were their results? Did you use a double blind?

Sorry for all the questions but I find your scientific research absolutely fascinating!