Lt. Commander
# 1 Easy fix for sub nuc
03-17-2010, 03:48 PM
should clear on damage. if a space stun is needed, then it should be broken on damage. i can see the purpose for crowd control. Can't be serious it was intended for IWIN.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2010, 03:55 PM
i know a better fix....completely change the skill to do something else, its bad enough with all the VMs being utilize by every Ship Captain, Science really doesn't need another skill to completely and utterly destroy their opponents...I thought tacticals did that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Subnucleonic Beam isn't a debuff that can be cleared. It's an instantaneous effect that (buggily) sets the cooldown on all your abilities. How would you remove that, exactly? Instantly make all your abilities usable again? What about the ones that were on legit cooldown because you used them?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook0024
i know a better fix....completely change the skill to do something else, its bad enough with all the VMs being utilize by every Ship Captain, Science really doesn't need another skill to completely and utterly destroy their opponents...I thought tacticals did that.
No, tacticas get to take it in the shorts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2010, 04:00 PM
The idea of SNB is fine. I think nobody for example got a problem with SNB when facing hirogens in PvE or enemies in PvP in tier2-3.

Why this? because the duration is limited. It cripples you for a few seconds, but if not used at the perfect moment (right before you hit the saving RSP or a high yield III quantum salvo hits your open shield) you survive it.

The problem is with the durations in T5, with highest SNB, full skills and full aux. This makes enemies able to even solo you from 100% to 0%.

Reducing overall duration would deem it worthless in tier2-3, so I vote for don't let it be dependand on aux power and limit its duration (to where we see it with 40 or 50 aux). This would be a little trade off for not aux-dependand-sci-captain too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Reducing overall duration would deem it worthless in tier2-3, so I vote for don't let it be dependand on aux power and limit its duration (to where we see it with 40 or 50 aux). This would be a little trade off for not aux-dependand-sci-captain too.
If you think it's okay at low tiers and not at high tiers, the correct thing to remove is scaling with levels and Operations/Deflectors/Deflector Dish skills. Your aux bar doesn't change between T2 and T5, but your Deflector Dish bonus sure does.