Lt. Commander
# 21
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
According to us Cryptic sucks? I beg to differ.

The game speaks volumes (adversely, I might add) on that already.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-18-2010, 12:41 PM
STO was to ship with Fed only. The reception was mild at best.. So yes the Klingons were shoved in last minute to have a two faction game.

Also the Gold farmers do need to unlock Klingon through gsmeplay hence the typically free spamm in Qo'Nos. For that alone thank you Cryptic.

As to the 45 day patch content comming with Klingon stuff.. Hrmm..

Fleet Actions: Crystal Ent... Many Fed players I have spoke with say this is the most frustrating mission the Fed's have.. Always some Ya-hoo flying about killing shards.. Can't wait.

New PvP ground map, that no Fed's enter for us to test..

The K'Tanco, Oh yeah a T2 ship.. Whoo hoo.. When's the last time you took a T2 ship out for a spin? Granted we need a T2 cruiser option, and thankfully a non BoP design.. Granted should have been included from the get go.. but hey it missed it's debut in ST:ENT "unexpected" so it's following cannon

As to Romulans.. Monsterplay with green lighting.. can't wait. OK Ok.. maybe they'll get the fleet Action CE as well..
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Odd... I remember back in Beta, I was told Klingons were no where closed to finished. I was warned that we wouldn't see a lot of KDF content at release, it wouldn't be until later into the game.

I don't understand that after a month.. one single month.. people are so upset?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakkan View Post
Odd... I remember back in Beta, I was told Klingons were no where closed to finished. I was warned that we wouldn't see a lot of KDF content at release, it wouldn't be until later into the game.

I don't understand that after a month.. one single month.. people are so upset?
it's because we've seen the list of changes in the 45-day patch, and can now see what Cryptic has been working on. there's a long list of new features added to the fed side, while basic bugs on the klingon side (like broken pvp vendors) still remain unfixed.

and let's not forget the queue problems that have plagued both sides, but which affect klingons so much more because we depend on pvp queues for so much of our leveling. apparently the queue problems have only been recognized as a problem in the last few days: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=138871

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
I don't understand that after a month.. one single month.. people are so upset
Because people are now paying for the game.
Because people have a sense of entitlement.
Because people like to complain.
Because the game wasn't what they expected it to be.
Because people are bored.
Because people don't see Cryptic doing what they want with the game.

People pick all kinds of reason to complain, really.

I'm a lifer who would love to see the game develop and grow into something that will last me long enough to get my money's worth. Whatever content they give to us, Fed or Klingon, and do my best to enjoy it. If it gets to the point that it's no longer is enjoyable, I'll leave and come back if I see or hear of any improvement. It's not that complicated.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-18-2010, 02:02 PM
I tend to believe that whats coming out was already in the works. It's not like they released the game and then BAM went to work on new untouched content ideas.

I suppose I'm just more patient than others. To me, the price of my subscription entitles me to play what I'm given, or leave. I don't feel mislead, forgotten, betrayed. I feel like I'll get it in time, or I wouldn't be here.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowreap
it's because we've seen the list of changes in the 45-day patch, and can now see what Cryptic has been working on. there's a long list of new features added to the fed side, while basic bugs on the klingon side (like broken pvp vendors) still remain unfixed.

and let's not forget the queue problems that have plagued both sides, but which affect klingons so much more because we depend on pvp queues for so much of our leveling. apparently the queue problems have only been recognized as a problem in the last few days: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=138871

-ken
QFT.

So the Klingons are getting a bit of an update? Okay. But the Feds are getting regular, larger updates.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-18-2010, 09:46 PM
looks like klingons are getting more content this summer:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...13#post2395213

I've cancelled my subscription. maybe this summer I"ll reactivate. I might reactivate even earlier if I see any indication of significant pvp improvements being implemented before then.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienen View Post
Because people are now paying for the game.
Because people have a sense of entitlement.
Because people like to complain.
Because the game wasn't what they expected it to be.
Because people are bored.
Because people don't see Cryptic doing what they want with the game.

People pick all kinds of reason to complain, really.

I'm a lifer who would love to see the game develop and grow into something that will last me long enough to get my money's worth. Whatever content they give to us, Fed or Klingon, and do my best to enjoy it. If it gets to the point that it's no longer is enjoyable, I'll leave and come back if I see or hear of any improvement. It's not that complicated.
Quote:
I tend to believe that whats coming out was already in the works. It's not like they released the game and then BAM went to work on new untouched content ideas.

I suppose I'm just more patient than others. To me, the price of my subscription entitles me to play what I'm given, or leave. I don't feel mislead, forgotten, betrayed. I feel like I'll get it in time, or I wouldn't be here.
These.

If I can't find something to enjoy in the game, I leave. I don't feel entitled to new content, though I probably wouldn't play MMOs if we didn't get that new content. I am also patient enough to wait for things to actually happen, not complain my throat bloody after only a month.

A month goes by in the blink of an eye, it is hardly anything to notice from my perspective. I imagine it is much the same for those developers, time just flies by and before you know it, the time has all sped by.

They are working on stuff, friends, it will just take more time to get it to us. Why not try and enjoy that time in any way you can
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-19-2010, 06:14 AM
One sollution would be a reduced fee for Klingon players to reflect their reduced content. As Klingon content improves (relative to Federation and other factions) the fee goes up. That gives Cryptic a finfancial incentive to improve Klingon content (content = PvE + PvP + customization).

I rate the "worth" of a Klingon only subscrition to be no more than $5/month in comparison to a $15/month Fed subscription. In reality ********* charges $5/month but delivers far more content than a STO Federation player gets (except for the picture quality).