Lt. Commander
# 1 Finally real pvp?
03-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Can we now finally get some real pvp? FvF i mean

Now we can have actuall tactics and formations, and even flanks? not just ball and wait for the klingon stealth attack?

Now we can actually have large variety of ships in battle? not just Bop bop bop bop bop bop that all use the same broken setup

VM nerf is on the way, SNB nerf is on the way, im glad klingon pvp is dead because it was TERRIBAD pvp, it was like sitting in stranglethron waiting for a rogue to pop

hurray for fun pvp, reroll if u want to enjoy it aswell, or klinK on to your overpowered ships and have fun fighting only yourselves and see how [edit] stealth vs stealth is!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2010, 05:22 AM
i have been pvp'in a lot and to be honest most of the feds i have fought, even the ones that are +9 lvls on me die, the simple truth is they are crap. they are crap now, they will be crap after the nerfs. if cryptic want to lvl the playing field to the point they no longer appear to be as crap as they actually are they would have to send me to fight in a life pod without shields or weapons.

this does not just apply to feds (tho i have seen one or two this definately doesn't apply to on both sides but they are rare) it also applies to a lot of klingons, laughably the ones who smack talk about having rolled the feds appear to have contributed less than the average fed player.

pvp would have been fun if you actually brought some skill to it but you didn't and you died, then cried to make it as bland as possible, which you have succeeded in doing, so it seems you have skill at something at least.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2010, 06:56 AM
The funny thing is Ive been in PvP where the us "OPed" Klinks had our azzes handed to us. The team Freedi or Freeki (sorry cant remember the exact name) is on almost always wins. So either they actually know how to use team work and skill sets (yeah they snb spam (but Klinks do that as well)) or they exploit, I beleive they just know how to play.

So if Klinks are so OPed how can this team continually win!!! And to be honest it was refreshing. It is proof that klingons or not as OPed as you think.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Always the same problem : mixing Casuals and Hardcore
Both populations have a valid opinion on what PVP should be, except these conceptions can't mix.

One want difficult hardcore challenging PVP, second want instant fun, no comitment.
So, putting both of them on the same play ground always end in frustration for both sides

Which translate on forums on lots of L2P, OP, Cheated ...

If Someone can find a way to have both on the same game playing together or not, he wins the Jackpot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2010, 07:38 AM
TBH Merel i think you hit the nail on the head. My only hope is that the FvF will take all the terribad fed palyers away from the real pvp (FvK).

Feds can beat klingons. I've played cap and hold maps (5v5 and 10v10 full teams) where we have beaten the klinks 1200 - 0. Ofc i'va aslo had games where we lose 1200-0 but thats generally because you get Fed players who full impulse around on there own then QQ when 5 klinks insta gib them....... you'd think they'd learn but no, respawn>full impulse>dead>qq repeat. It sickens me tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLucSkywalker View Post

Now we can have actuall tactics and formations, and even flanks? not just ball and wait for the klingon stealth attack?

Now we can actually have large variety of ships in battle? not just Bop bop bop bop bop bop that all use the same broken setup
!
I don't necessarily agree with the OP part you said, but the above I definitely agree with. I'm looking forward to "true" space battles where more than one tactic can be used. The Fed Ball got old after the first week.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLucSkywalker View Post

VM nerf is on the way, SNB nerf is on the way, im glad klingon pvp is dead because it was TERRIBAD pvp, it was like sitting in stranglethron waiting for a rogue to pop

hurray for fun pvp, reroll if u want to enjoy it aswell, or klinK on to your overpowered ships and have fun fighting only yourselves and see how gay stealth vs stealth is!
you must not be T5 yet. if you were, you would see more than just BoPs -- there would be carriers too.

in any event, I don't think FvF is going to be quite as good as you're expecting, unless you set up private matches. it will be just as bad as FvK, only in a different way. instead of it being like sitting in Stranglethorn waiting for a rogue to pop, it will be like sitting in Stranglethorn waiting for a shaman gank group to overrun you. they'll focus-fire you down in seconds, while chain-healing themselves, then be away to hit their next target in moments. balling up will be your only defense against them.

in my experience, FvK is fairly well balanced (and by "fairly well" I don't mean "good", I mean "I've seen MMO developers do a lot worse"). yes, there are some issues, but they are primarily skill-related and a problem for both sides. I will certainly agree that in T1, klingons have an extreme advantage because they start at level 6 with a full set of gear that most feds won't be able to match until level 10 or 11. and in T5, 4+ carriers in a group are very overpowered. but in the middle tiers (T3/T4 especially) things are remarkably balanced. if only you could turn off xp gain and stay there forever...

anyway, if you find space pvp to be unenjoyable, there's always ground pvp. ground pvp is *very* fair because there are virtually no differences between the sides. everyone gets essentially the same weapons, shields, armor and kits as the other side gets. the only thing preventing it from being perfectly fair is the ridiculous queueing system that creates unbalanced teams so easily, but at least that problem affects both sides, so everyone on both sides eventually gets to feel what it's like to be outnumbered and spawn-camped.

-ken
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowreap
. but in the middle tiers (T3/T4 especially) things are remarkably balanced. if only you could turn off xp gain and stay there forever...

-ken

Amen brother. Most accurate assesment so far on these boards.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2010, 08:12 AM
to topic whiner:

try ressource fights -_-
Quote:
cryptic has no nerf announced.

Quote:
not just Bop bop bop bop bop bop that all use the same broken setup
You do not know you well as in the klingon ships... BOP's are used by all classes.
a good team needs battlecruisers & co in the fleet.... learn more about klingons.

Quote:
hurray for fun pvp, reroll if u want to enjoy it aswell, or klinK on to your overpowered ships and have fun fighting only yourselves and see how gay stealth vs stealth is!
I'm looking forward when you here crying about FvsF.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temiel
to topic whiner:

try ressource fights -_-

cryptic has no nerf announced.

You do not know you well as in the klingon ships... BOP's are used by all classes.
a good team needs battlecruisers & co in the fleet.... learn more about klingons.

I'm looking forward when you here crying about FvsF.
You are the perfect illustration of the HCG who thinks his opinon on what must be PVP is universal.

You should read a bit about oriental philosophy, you may learn there is no such thing as victory.
I always fail to figure why competition is soo important for some people. Well, I have a clue but it wouldn't be constructive to mention it.